Aldi - bargains!!!

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Donna, 6 May 2010.

1. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Man or Moose!

Sent my girlfriend to pick up a mens tri suit or 2 for me as I couldnt go myself. Turned out they were 2 piece suits, so didnt purchase anything. Shame, I thought it was a real bargain to be had!

2. pauljonhaz

pauljonhaz New Member

I bought myself a couple of pairs of padded underwear haven't tried them yet but thought they would be ideal for commuting.

3. jethro10

jethro10 Über Member

I have £1000's worth of bikes, clothes, accessories, and also Aldi Liddle stuff as well. So both ends of the market.

Most of Aldi stuff is good fullstop

Jeff

4. Beaker39

Beaker39 Well-Known Member

Did anyone get or see any XL size cycling shirts? Just wondered if they existed as they only seemed to go up to large at my local store ;)

5. guitarpete247

guitarpete247 Just about surviving

I got an XL shirt but there weren't many. Most were M or S.

6. Muddyfox

Muddyfox Veteran

Exeter had plenty of XL's left when i popped in after lunch

7. Gixxerman

Gixxerman Veteran

Got some glasses as I am currently using some dark safety specs from work, which are functional rather than stylish. Wasn't prepared to spent £50 on some glasses just to be "in fashion". So these were spot on. Not sure that I will need the green / clear lenses at all. They seem good quality, and look better than my work specials.
    Would have got some tops, but I wanted long sleeve ones and they only had short sleeve.
    Would have quite liked a computer, but the stores round here (Grimsby, Gainsborough) didn't have any.

8. guitarpete247

guitarpete247 Just about surviving

I got a computer.
    Has anyone else thought the instructions were a bit OTT. 2 sides of A2 with, on 1 side, 120 diagrams of what will be on the screen after you have pressed x, y or z. Instructions to go with them and 2 flow diagrams of what each of the 3 buttons does. It does have a lot of functions including temperature (max and min) of your ride today and calories burnt.
    For the money a very comprehensive bit of kit but those instructions:rolleyes:.
    I also got some more undies and compression underwear;). In case of accidents I was always told to have clean undies. Never understood his cos if you have an accident they won't be clean any more;).

9. dav1d

dav1d Senior Member

I've just bought a Revolution Country Traveller '10 from EBC, they didn't have the Cateye computer I wanted in stock, and I couldn't find it anywhere else (EBC said they'd fit it free even though it's not from their store), so had a look at the Aldi one: not wireless, but has all the functions I wanted (most don't), so I've got them to fit it!:laugh: No worrying about the intructions!:blush:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice