Aldi beans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
They seem to have changed the recipe. Can a different colour. Cooking instructions changed. Nutrition, ingredients and weight changed. But worst of all the sauce seems runnier and the beans themselves harder.
Has any one noticed this?
Are Lidl beans any good?
We went off Heinz some time ago and were happy with Aldi. 489107
New can on left.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
It could be worse.

Lidl have only gone and changed their tinned rice pudding recipe.

Smudge

Veteran
I would never buy Aldi or Lidl beans, beans have to be Branstons or Heinz.
One annoying change in Aldi, is their premium vintage cider that came in 750ml bottles. The label is now different, its not as strong and doesn't taste anywhere near as good.

D

Deleted member 26715

That was odd, I must have misheard, I could have sworn I heard someone say cooking instructions, for beans! ?
There was a great documentary on a few months back showing the biggest bean processing plant in Europe (I think) I wasn't aware they were pressure cooked in the sealed tin.

Lullabelle

Banana
They seem to have changed the recipe. Can a different colour. Cooking instructions changed. Nutrition, ingredients and weight changed. But worst of all the sauce seems runnier and the beans themselves harder.
Has any one noticed this?
Are Lidl beans any good?
We went off Heinz some time ago and were happy with Aldi. View attachment 489107
New can on left.

Cooking instructions have changed :blink: :unsure:

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
There was a great documentary on a few months back showing the biggest bean processing plant in Europe (I think) I wasn't aware they were pressure cooked in the sealed tin.
I don't think I was either, thank you. One of the Greg Wallace things?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Everything in a sealed can is pressure-cooked (or some lesser heat-treatment). The amount of cooking being dependent on things like the acidity, salt content etc. which impacts pathogen growth OR, the need to cause some kind of breakdown of potential toxins e.g. in some beans.

PS: Branston are best....

Top Bottom