Aldi beans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnblack

Über Member
I had Aldi beans last night and thought of this thread. They were like bullets and the sauce was really runny, even after being on a low hob for 10 minutes. they've definitely changed. Will not buy again.

Handy household tip #57
Store baked beans (in their tins, obv..) upside-down in the pantry. That way, when you open them, the right way up, the bean juice isn't all at the top, and the beans won't be clagged up at the bottom.
Works even better on tins of coconut milk.

D

Deleted member 26715

I had Branston beans for lunch, my wife was not impressed she had to get out the tin opener to get inside, I was not too impressed with the taste, although the sauce was a lot thicker than Tesco's

johnblack

Über Member
I had Branston beans for lunch, my wife was not impressed she had to get out the tin opener to get inside, I was not too impressed with the taste, although the sauce was a lot thicker than Tesco's
I like the taste but the lack of ring pull is strange, it absolutely scrambled my daughter the other night, she looked at the can like it was a rubik's cube. I suppose a can opener isn't really something that the youth have had much use for.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Cold baked beans are good in a salad.

Personally I rate Lidl beans. Nearly as good as Branston.
Branston ones on offer in a multipack at Iceland at the mo i think.
I too like lidl. After comparing tin ingredients it seems to me as if their rock bottom super cheapo ones are the same thing as the normal still pretty cheap ones.

Yes, beans served separately in a ramekin. Which makes it a poncified breakfast that is always expensive.
Agree totally. Whole idea poncy, means you have to complete the serving yourself, risk messing your hands, lose some stuff. And maybe i have a dodgy mind or some hidden derivation knowledge in the back of my mind but ramekin always makes me think of something you'd shove up someone's rear.

Top Bottom