Aldi bike gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
I popped in last night and all the space was cleared, but nothing on display. I went down this morning and the damm shop doesn't open till 9:00. I will have to go to Tottenham lunchtime now. :becool:

RSV_Ecosse

Queues at the door at my local shop. I went in at 09:00hrs after I finished nightshift.

Quite a large selection of stuff and sizes, although judging by the stuff flying off the racks it won't take long to sell out.

I went in intending to get just a high vis waterproof jacket and a bike storage rack but ended up spending about £70 on pretty much one of everything apart from the trousers and bib tights. High vis jacket is excellent as a "roll up and keep in yer back pocket/rucksack" for the commute to work in the morning. It's very lightweight but time will only tell how good it is at keeping the wet out ( and indeed, letting the moisture out ).

The winter jackets are of pretty good quality for the cash as are the winter jerseys, so grabbed one of each of those.

The overshoes are not waterproof, but should go some way to keeping the crud off your shoes ( mine are pearl white Shimano's ).

Gloves, dunno if it was just me but the mediums were just a wee bit tight and the larges just a wee bit too big, so I ended up going for large as I would rather they were not tight.

The socks look like they will be a very good bargain indeed, picked up 4 pairs and there were loads there on display of varying sizes.

Grabbed a bike rack too, looks good and the pertex shower towels are cracking value for money.

All in all, a much more successful shopping trip compared to my last foray into Lidls when i emerged empty handed!!!

elvisparsley

The winter jackets do look pretty good I agree. The shoes are a bit weird- the silver buckle on the side with strange fastening system and- I've seen it for myself- studs?? Just in case you wanted to get off your bike and have a quick kickabout?

porridge

RSV_Ecosse said:
Queues at the door at my local shop. I went in at 09:00hrs after I finished nightshift.

Quite a large selection of stuff and sizes, although judging by the stuff flying off the racks it won't take long to sell out.

I went in intending to get just a high vis waterproof jacket and a bike storage rack but ended up spending about £70 on pretty much one of everything apart from the trousers and bib tights. High vis jacket is excellent as a "roll up and keep in yer back pocket/rucksack" for the commute to work in the morning. It's very lightweight but time will only tell how good it is at keeping the wet out ( and indeed, letting the moisture out ).

The winter jackets are of pretty good quality for the cash as are the winter jerseys, so grabbed one of each of those.

The overshoes are not waterproof, but should go some way to keeping the crud off your shoes ( mine are pearl white Shimano's ).

Gloves, dunno if it was just me but the mediums were just a wee bit tight and the larges just a wee bit too big, so I ended up going for large as I would rather they were not tight.

The socks look like they will be a very good bargain indeed, picked up 4 pairs and there were loads there on display of varying sizes.

Grabbed a bike rack too, looks good and the pertex shower towels are cracking value for money.

All in all, a much more successful shopping trip compared to my last foray into Lidls when i emerged empty handed!!!

Hopefully your local branch isn't Kingsbury, im hoping there's some in there this evening when I get there

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
+1 for the winter jacket - seems very practical to me.

I got a pair of bibs on the offchance that they're sized more reasonably this time.

Got the socks, as they're excellent, didn't buy gloves, as I still have them from last year, but if they fit, they're good, v. warm.

Elvis, I think the studs on the shoes are for MTB and Crossers, for when they have to run with the bike on loose ground.

Incidentally, the waterproof was pretty nasty feeling - rubbery on the inside - I could feel the sweat running down it just looking at it :biggrin:

dodgy

elvisparsley said:
studs?? Just in case you wanted to get off your bike and have a quick kickabout?

Actually very useful for 'proper' mountain biking. If you're trying to shoulder your bike up a 1 in 1 muddy slope, studs are essential.

Didn't expect to see them on Aldi gear though.

dodgy

I got a winter jacket, they have nice detailing including zipped rear pocket, zipped napolean front chest pocket and zips on the end of the sleeves, useful if it gets warm and you want to roll the sleeves up. Socks as always are a must buy, I also got some gloves and have bought the overshoes, not bothered about keeping dry (as I don't go out in the rain), but more interested in the thermal properties as my shoes have vents in the uppers.
Went for a bike rack, too, for a fiver it was a no brainer.

Dave.

elvisparsley

Well I never knew that! Thanks

ChrisKH

Guru
dodgy said:
I got a winter jacket, they have nice detailing including zipped rear pocket, zipped napolean front chest pocket and zips on the end of the sleeves, useful if it gets warm and you want to roll the sleeves up. Socks as always are a must buy, I also got some gloves and have bought the overshoes, not bothered about keeping dry (as I don't go out in the rain), but more interested in the thermal properties as my shoes have vents in the uppers.
Went for a bike rack, too, for a fiver it was a no brainer.

Dave.

I have the overshoes and yes, they do keep your feet lovely and toasty.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Got some sockses and gloves. I got some overshoes last year, but found that my feet got a bit over-warm...
I didn't like the cut of the shirts and jackets - they're very strange round the lower parts. Either that or I'm a fat bastard.
Nah, they're just a very strange cut. Avoid IMHO.:biggrin:

:rolleyes:

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
TheDoctor said:
Got some sockses and gloves. I got some overshoes last year, but found that my feet got a bit over-warm...
I didn't like the cut of the shirts and jackets - they're very strange round the lower parts. Either that or I'm a fat bastard.
Nah, they're just a very strange cut. Avoid IMHO.:biggrin:

:biggrin:

well arch can knit some bespoke shirts for you :rolleyes:

Another pair of winter longs to supplement the ones bought last year. Don't seem to be quite as well made this year, no zip on ankles, slightly thinner but OK and for a tenner......

Also a pair of gloves, which allege medium but are quite tight. I like them though because they are quite thin and I don't suffer from cold hands on the bike, hence neve having worn the sealskinz I bought last winter.

Avoided the winter tops as I have two and the cut is.....odd!

Top Bottom