Aldi bike gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
I bought socks and gloves. The waterproof didn't fit very well and didn't seem to offer much breathability, I imagine it would get sticky very quickly.. The other gear wasn't quite as good as Decathlon's BTwin clothing, which I already have.

The shoes looked good, but only SPD cleats could be fitted. I have LOOK pedals.

The socks and gloves are OK though.

Plax

Guru
I got 5 pairs of socks, a pair of gloves, 3 tops and some bib longs. Only managed to get one small ladies top, rest all sold out. Got 2 small mens tops though which aren't all that much bigger. Really like the tops, much better quality than the Lidl ones from a few weeks ago. A lot warmer too, took a spin in one top and the bibs. Never had any bib longs before, and initial thoughts were that they are really comfy. The padding lets them down a lot though, I found there is far too much padding at the front. Found them too warm though. Still shorts weather for me!n
Gloves are good too. I'm normally a small in the mens gloves and a large in the womens gloves. This time the small fitted but were slightly tight across the knuckles so I went for the medium which are fine.
All in all I'm very pleased with all the stuff I bought today.

stephec

Legendary Member
Avoid the overshoes. They are baggy around the foot, and loose enough to fit four fingers down the side of your ankle. The front bit that fits under your toes extends so far back that it covers half of an spd-sl cleat, so mine went back this morning. Shame because the hat was quite good.

stephec

Legendary Member
Crackle said:
Another pair of winter longs to supplement the ones bought last year. Don't seem to be quite as well made this year, no zip on ankles, slightly thinner but OK and for a tenner......

Also a pair of gloves, which allege medium but are quite tight. I like them though because they are quite thin and I don't suffer from cold hands on the bike, hence neve having worn the sealskinz I bought last winter.

Avoided the winter tops as I have two and the cut is.....odd!

I've always thought that rather than being athletically cut, they are meant to fit the shape of the average Aldi customer.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
stephec said:
Avoid the overshoes. They are baggy around the foot, and loose enough to fit four fingers down the side of your ankle. The front bit that fits under your toes extends so far back that it covers half of an spd-sl cleat, so mine went back this morning. Shame because the hat was quite good.

did you get the wrong size?

Just bought a winter top for £6.99. Normally a large but needed to get an x-large as they seem a smaller fitting. For the money they are ecxellent value. I was surprised as they have a few technical features which you often find on more expensive clothing.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
stephec said:
I've always thought that rather than being athletically cut, they are meant to fit the shape of the average Aldi customer.

LOL:rofl:

Maz

Guru
I went and bought their lightweight hiviz jacket. Also a pair of telescopic-handled garden shears.

charliesurf

I am loving the thermal vest and trousers that I bought, they have lots of technical innovative features. They are very good for the money.

Passed 4 other people on the commute in this morning with the Hi-Vis Jacket........was kinda hoping I would be the only one wearing them. A nod was sufficient

BMR

Been a rather expensive day for me today Aldi, winter gloves, waterproof overtrousers and 2 pair of socks. Lidle, Light set / Computer, 2 alloy drinking bottles. Halfords, Plastic bottle cage and Halfords own brand roof bar bike rack to fit the Shogun. Now all I need is a pair of steps to put the bike on the rack.

stephec

Legendary Member
alecstilleyedye said:
did you get the wrong size?

I bought size 10 - 11's for my size ten feet. Too baggy round the ankles and instep, and extended too far under my feet.

I'm beginning to side with bonj on Aldi's clothing.

Pompey Princess

Veteran
I was looking forward to my first foray into the Aldi cycle bits n bobs but was quite disappointed TBH.

HiVis jacket, OK for a cheapy, standby jacket and would do the job...sweatily!!

Ladies shirts and jackets were a horrid colour and I really didn't like the feel of the material that much.

Bought some overshoes cos they were cheap and they may come in handy. No ladies shoes.

As a said, a bit disappointed.

Is the LIDL stuff equally as disappointing?

Top Bottom