Aldi cycle stuff out 25th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
W35_PD_Thursday_New_UL11a_8ba48626b7.jpg

HovR

Über Member
Think I'll get myself the shoes to get started with clipless. Upgrade the shoes in a few months time.

Hugs
Archeress x

The shoes are pretty decent. I bought mine a couple of years ago thinking I'd upgrade them pretty quickly, but they're still going strong with very little wear so I haven't bothered! Only downside being that they clog up with mud somewhat easily if you're doing some proper off-road.

Archeress

Veteran
If you want my 10 pence worth, you'd be better off splashing out now on a good quality pair of winter cycling boots/shoes, then getting some 'summer' shoes next year (or getting a pair in the sales this year).
Thank you Stan, however I just want to try them first. I'm also limited on my outlay at the moment so this will be the way I'll go. I have decent socks for cycling in so they should be okay for a while.

Hugs
Archeress x

MisterStan

Label Required
Thank you Stan, however I just want to try them first. I'm also limited on my outlay at the moment so this will be the way I'll go. I have decent socks for cycling in so they should be okay for a while.

Hugs
Archeress x
No worries! In that case, you'd do well to splash a bit of cash on some overshoes to keep your feet warm and dry and your new shoes clean!

Diggs

Veteran
Quite like the performance fit jacket they have on sale, bought one last year,
I must admit I'm intriged by this when I saw it advertised last year. Now I'm not expecting a Gabba at that price but what's the material like?

martinireland

Leisure Cyclist
No shorts included...... does noone use unpadded tights ! i got the bibtights earlier in the year as the 2 sizes were to long.... and too tight. I have a good bit of Aldi
Gear and find it quite well made.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
I bought the shoes a couple of years back as a taster for clipless. I thought they were OK until it was pointed out during my bikefit that they had loads of flex in the sole. Probably fine as a starter shoe but I went out and bought some Spesh BG jobbies. The Aldi shoes are in the shoe rack as a backup but their days may be numbered as space is required!

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I must admit I'm intriged by this when I saw it advertised last year. Now I'm not expecting a Gabba at that price but what's the material like?

The material is quite soft and deflects a bit of moisture, nothing too technical in terms of performance but I find it very comfy and a snug fit. Its warm in winter with just a base layer. Mine has venting on the back and the pockets are great, squeeze a lot in.

IanG1

I've had a pair of the shoes for a couple of years and they have served we very well as an intro to being clipped in. Is it just me or has the stuff slowly crept up in price? Sure my shoes were £15 and the arm/leg warmers were £6.99 last time around?

Top Bottom