Aldi cycle stuff out 25th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
I've had a pair of the shoes for a couple of years and they have served we very well as an intro to being clipped in. Is it just me or has the stuff slowly crept up in price? Sure my shoes were £15 and the arm/leg warmers were £6.99 last time around?
Sounds about right. The warmers were definitely £6.99 each

On the shopping list I have:
Merino Base Layers
Winter gloves
One or two long sleeve tops if they look warm enough.

My local Aldi sold out of the good cycling kit quickly in the summer which was annoying so like a sad git I will be there bright and early at 8am before work.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I get Aldi stuff for winter commuting. My list includes:
  • Socks - a couple of pairs lasts the winter and saves my 'best' BaaBaa ones from commuting use
  • An extra winter jersey
  • Possibly some overshoes, again to save the 'best' ones
  • Lobster gloves
@martinireland - I have a pair of Karrimor tights to go over the shorts which work fine.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Think I'll get myself the shoes to get started with clipless. Upgrade the shoes in a few months time.

Hugs
Archeress x
Keep the receipt. Mine failed within a year, the SPD plate came away from the sole, and I was given a full refund. For light use they should be fine and I found them very comfortable, they just didn't stand up to daily commuting. Might be a case of buy cheap buy twice...

Archeress

Veteran
Keep the receipt. Mine failed within a year, the SPD plate came away from the sole, and I was given a full refund. For light use they should be fine and I found them very comfortable, they just didn't stand up to daily commuting. Might be a case of buy cheap buy twice...
Thank you. My fiance has a rigorous receipt filing system. These will just be for me to try what clipless is like. If I dont like it, I can sell the pedals on ebay or here and just wear the shoes for mooching around the garden lol.

Hugs
Archeress x

Having just bought I new chainset I can't afford anything this year, but what kit I got last year, Jacket and winter trouser will see me through this winter, the Jacket is nice warm with just a base layer and t-shirt, the trousers proved to be quite water proof not the best of fits but if it keeps you cycling as the temps drop and it gets wet so much the better.

Last edited:
I've just bought the overshoes they look pretty good for 7.99 zip up and proper sizing rather than the 3.99 Velcro s/m/l nylon things last year..... Oh a can of GT85 for 1.99 and a pasty for dinner:hungry:

I did want a stand as well but it will have to wait as I'm buying bits to convert winter bike to hybrid.... (shame it would have been handy for the build!)

Diggs

Veteran
..........Nothing like waiting in for a delivery* to prevent me from heading off and spending. At least it gives me time to persuade myself the good stuff will have gone.

*At least the delivery is a bike (not N+1 but a new steed for Diglet minor)

migrantwing

Veteran
..........Nothing like waiting in for a delivery* to prevent me from heading off and spending. At least it gives me time to persuade myself the good stuff will have gone.

*At least the delivery is a bike (not N+1 but a new steed for Diglet minor)

Same here. Although not anything as exciting as a new bike, just a new hard drive.

It'll be a jersey or jacket for me. Hopefully, they'll have some left tomorrow.

Top Bottom