Aldi cycling offer from 30th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

From the subject of the discussion thread?
Yes I must admit, I was wondering about that, it's getting to another thread point.

Got my little Size 47 shoes into the Aldi waterproof covers. Finally !
IMG-20181015-WA0000.jpeg

SirDickieBird

Cheap for a reason. Went to have a look and from what I saw it's tat. Cheap for cycling kit so if you need the stuff, get it but I'd rather spend a bit more. The last Aldi lights I had, I bought at the same time as a Moon Nebula (three times as much) which is still going after being used on each and every ride since. The Aldi one isn't.

The merino arm warmers are good value.

Cheap for a reason. Went to have a look and from what I saw it's tat. Cheap for cycling kit so if you need the stuff, get it but I'd rather spend a bit more. The last Aldi lights I had, I bought at the same time as a Moon Nebula (three times as much) which is still going after being used on each and every ride since. The Aldi one isn't.
Would that be this light?

https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Moon-Nebul...I2-Xx1OSI3gIVBLTtCh2YRgcVEAQYASABEgKT3vD_BwE#

Some concerning reviews there.

Possible you got a dud Aldi like they got a dud nebula?

tamiya

Was in Aldi yesterday and slightly surprised that the bike stuff is still at full price.
They seem to have a fair bit left, so I'll keep an eye out for some reductions.
yeah had a feeling they used to discount leftovers much earlier before

This last round (Downunder) have find some leftovers finally getting reduced. Think it's getting onto 2mths since those specials came out. (We get 60d to return so can't get refund anymore on Day 1 purchase of same item now discounted.) CBF'd checking my receipts for exact date, only $10 25% off anyway.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Picked up the Cree rechargeable bike light set today.

View attachment 432432

Quite impressed with the front light. It doesn't dazzle like the Moon Meteor does (even when aimed at the ground a few feet ahead of me). It doesn't need a USB lead as the whole light slots into the socket, and it starts on the lowest brightness setting rather than the highest. I intended to keep it in my saddle bag as a spare, but I think the Meteor is going in the saddle bag and this is going to be my main light.

I'll probably give the rear light away since I already have two on the bike and it's no better than either of them.
I've been using this light pretty much daily... only for ten minutes whilst riding to work, and two and half months later it's still on its first (factory) charge!

Top Bottom