Aldi cycling offer from 30th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I don't think it's 'ridiculously cheap', rather that much other cycling kit is ridiculously expensive. 'Reasonable' is a better description.

Rechargeable lights for £14.00 look OK for city use. Are there any popular bike shop alternatives at that price?

Those rechargeable lights are absolutely superb, I got some the last time they had them. They are easily as bright as the 70 quid Lezyne numbers you get anywhere else. They are still working 2 years on.

KneesUp

Guru
I have the Lidl lights from a few years ago (when they were a tenner) They have the 'K' standard mark on them, so they are a great way of getting lights for commuting which are approved for road use for cheap, so if you are in an accident there can be no question of your lighting being inadequate.

AlanW

Guru
I have one as a emergency light stored in my panniers and they are very, very good, but am I correct in thinking that last time around those were only £4?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Why is so much stuff only in M and L?

Good afternoon,

I have some great stuff from Aldi in the past.
Shoes (SPD I think) - but I ride toe clips and straps!
A top with simulated sponsors, Track, Xpress Credit, Pro Summit etc.​

More recently;
Lovely weather isn't it?​

Aldi and Lidl now seem to want to compete with Tesco, Sainsburys etc. and they have to cover the cost of credit cards, more staff on the tills and people returning stuff that doesn't work.

My last Aldi jersey was tending to transparent and the rain proof jacket had something unique in my experience, Velcro style fasteners that didn't work, all the hooks broke off very quickly!

Bye

Ian

Have a rear light which has been ok but the clothing mostly is a terrible fit(way too baggy) and some merino ls base layers shrunk after only a few washes;sometimes you get what you pay for.

Have now been slowly replacing all my clothing with what some people would call 'expensive' clothing(ie Rapha,This Is Cambridge),just find the fit and quality much better.

Smudge

Veteran
I've bought a few things from Aldi's and Lidl's cycling stuff..... A track pump that only lasted months and a pair of gloves that started falling apart at the seams with not a lot of use. Got refunded on both.
I did buy a Witkop saddle from Lidl that has been excellent. Very comfortable and has lasted years to date. Very cheap as well at only £8.
So it seems their stuff is hit and miss ime.

Top Bottom