Aldi cycling offer from 30th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

aldi.png

I hope they sell p*ncture kits :rolleyes:

:whistle:

Katherine

Guru
View attachment 430566

I hope they sell p*ncture kits :rolleyes:

:whistle:
My favourite puncture kits are Tesco actually. Work well and a nice small box for carrying or storing

Have a rear light which has been ok but the clothing mostly is a terrible fit(way too baggy) and some merino ls base layers shrunk after only a few washes;sometimes you get what you pay for.

Have now been slowly replacing all my clothing with what some people would call 'expensive' clothing(ie Rapha,This Is Cambridge),just find the fit and quality much better.
I have at least three Aldi short sleeve merino base layers. I find them excellent - no problems with washing them at all. They cost £15 max each I think - so they have gone up. Have slight impression from fondling some recent ones that they may be thinner/not as good.

A bit baggy isn't necessarily a bad thing for casual cycling or touring use.

(please got save me from baggy middle aged men in tight stuff)

Isn't it Thursday 27 instore?

That's what my trawl of the internet suggests.

Online a few days earlier though I wouldn't buy unknown cycling stuff online.

MikeG

Guru
It's not a puncture, just a thick layer of surface dressing that the local council haven't swept up yet that he's ploughing through. Picture probably taken in Suffolk a couple of weeks ago and they'll be clearing it up next month.

I'm pretty sure that on the right hand margin of the photo you can just see the fingertips of the person holding the bike upright.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Now it's all on line definitely no 'small' men's, so won't be making a special trip. For me, merino socks and overshoes look worth a punt, if there are any left when I get there.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
braved the afternoon rush to have a gander at their wares. I think their fingerless merino gloves were most popular as the only had a few pairs left. I grabbed myself a two merino headbands, two pairs of socks and two pairs of their gloves.

the moon nebula knock off bike lights were back but i didnt feel the need to grab one.

I think one of the only gripes about these merino blended goods is they dont tell you exactly the percentage of merino that has been blended into the garment -- Or maybe they do and im just blind.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
[QUOTE 5385169, member: 9609"]that helmet sounds just the thing

Smart Helmet .... There's an integrated bluetooth speaker and microphone as well as tail lights and indicators

indicators on your lid ???
and the speaker and microphone seem even more bizarre[/QUOTE]

No heat seeking missiles, so I'm out.

fossyant

braved the afternoon rush to have a gander at their wares. I think their fingerless merino gloves were most popular as the only had a few pairs left. I grabbed myself a two merino headbands, two pairs of socks and two pairs of their gloves.

the moon nebula knock off bike lights were back but i didnt feel the need to grab one.

I think one of the only gripes about these merino blended goods is they dont tell you exactly the percentage of merino that has been blended into the garment -- Or maybe they do and im just blind.

The merino tops are good - I've been in this morning, and forgot about the sale, but didn't see anything in our 'newly revamped' store - can't find anything in it anyway...

fossyant

The waterproof socks are good - mainly as they are great for muddy/wet rides. Got the only pair left last time - apparently they were mostly 'stolen' from our store.

wonderloaf

Veteran
I ordered some neoprene gloves and waterproof socks online, got delivered yesterday. Very impressed with the gloves, well made and fit well. Went out in them this morning and fingers were still getting cold at about 4°C, but once it warmed up a couple of degrees they were nice and warm and comfy. Haven't had a chance to test the socks in anger yet but a quick test under the tap and they do actually seem to be waterproof...they're a bargain if they work like that out on a wet ride!

Smudge

Veteran
Had a look round today, but not much interested me. Bought some of those supplementary led lights, as they were only £2.99 for a pack of two.
More interesting to me was some 7.3% premium vintage cider they had, so got a few 750ml bottles of that..... some of which i shall be quaffing tonight.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I'd pre-ordered a couple of the merino long sleeve base layers and a pair ofthe merino long johns and they were delivered on Fiday while I was away. I don't know about any of the other merino products, but these are 100% wool, not a blend with other fabrics.

And @Smudge - that cider is bloody lovely.

Top Bottom