Aldi cycling offer from 30th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mgs315

Aye got my lights and bike cleaner on Friday too. Was looking at the base layers but they were all too big for me :sad:.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Got a couple of rear lights and a couple of base layers.

The USB rechargeable rear light is very nearly as bright as the sun and fits very nicely with the myriad of fixings supplied. The smaller battery operated one is also nice and bright.

wonderloaf

Veteran
It was a struggle to get near the cycling gear in our store ,managed to grab 2 merino long sleeve tops a long sleeve base layer and some muc off chain lube and cleaning gear
Seems as though the cycling gear is still available online, free delivery if you spend over £20.

D

Deleted member 26715

Went yesterday afternoon, there was loads & nobody buying any

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Picked up the Cree rechargeable bike light set today.

Bikemate-Rechargeable-Bike-Lights-E.jpg

Quite impressed with the front light. It doesn't dazzle like the Moon Meteor does (even when aimed at the ground a few feet ahead of me). It doesn't need a USB lead as the whole light slots into the socket, and it starts on the lowest brightness setting rather than the highest. I intended to keep it in my saddle bag as a spare, but I think the Meteor is going in the saddle bag and this is going to be my main light.

I'll probably give the rear light away since I already have two on the bike and it's no better than either of them.

Came away with leggings (can't call em "tights" for goodness sake ;) a solid feeling U lock, waterproof socks and the bright saddlebag light.
Only went in for a loaf !!!!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Picked up the Cree rechargeable bike light set today.

View attachment 432432

Quite impressed with the front light. It doesn't dazzle like the Moon Meteor does (even when aimed at the ground a few feet ahead of me). It doesn't need a USB lead as the whole light slots into the socket, and it starts on the lowest brightness setting rather than the highest. I intended to keep it in my saddle bag as a spare, but I think the Meteor is going in the saddle bag and this is going to be my main light.

I'll probably give the rear light away since I already have two on the bike and it's no better than either of them.
I'm glad you said that the whole light slots into the socket because I'd read the instructions - weird I know - and it didn't match what it says. I tried fitting an USB plug onto the end but no go, and it hadn't occurred to me that the whole unit goes into the USB socket. Or do I mean vice versa....? Having lost the receipt, I despaired and threw it into the bin. Since rescued. Illuminating....!

How strong is the USB tab on the front lamp? Behind the rubber end cap is a full sized male USB plug, fully exposed with no shroud. Looks like it may snap off after a few months of use. I will stick to using the cable with it if possible. They come charged so haven't attempted a recharge.
Apart from that, the unit seems pretty solid and well made with aluminium housing.

The lights seem OK. I bought some as backup. Not as good as the Moon copies a few years ago which you can still get via PlanetX but good enough.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Came away with leggings (can't call em "tights" for goodness sake ;) a solid feeling U lock, waterproof socks and the bright saddlebag light.
Only went in for a loaf !!!!
You have fallen into Aldi's trap... lure them in with cheap groceries that make virtually no profit, wave them off with lots of special buys that actually make them a profit :smile:

Arsen Gere

Über Member
Has anyone tried the speed/cadence sensor with a Garmin of any type? They are bluetooth not ANT compatible, I wondered if this was to get round some trademark or something.

Top Bottom