Aldi cycling offer from 30th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

But attempting to draw more attention is a fark thy neighbour act against all other road users near you and being easily identified as a cyclist attracts road rage from a small but too big group of nobbers.

More importantly IMO, if it doesn't flash, the light needs a BS or K~ or equivalent marking to be legal as a sole light on roads. Does it have one?
Would you please repeat that in English

MichaelW2 said:
The plastic hook on the rubber band just popped off after I tried it on the bike. I managed to find it again but without the hook it is useless. You cant use zipties because it has to be recharged.

432601.jpg

I've been to Aldi and bought this item.

The front light seems to be ok, but the modes are only different levels of brightnness. There is no flashing mode.

The rear light has 3 modes which includes flashing modes.However, the bracket for the rear light is an extremely bad design and poor quality. The whole rubber bracket detached from the light while I was fitting to the bike.

I taking mine back for a full refund
The front has a flashing mode. Double click the button rapidly to get to it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

It was English. If you don't understand something, please try to identify the terms you don't understand and look them up in a search, then if that doesn't help, repost here and I'll try to find a relevant link which might explain better.
But attempting to draw more attention is a fark thy neighbour act against all other road users near you and being easily identified as a cyclist attracts road rage from a small but too big group of nobbers.
Clearly your version of English is different to mine, but then again I don't try to be cool or down with the kids

More importantly IMO, if it doesn't flash, the light needs a BS or K~ or equivalent marking to be legal as a sole light on roads. Does it have one?

But if kept in context surely the reference to attention is another way of saying to be noticed more while being somewhat vulnerable while on the road among motorised larger faster vehicles. Just in the same way that hi vis clothing help to protect us.

I don`t think anyone is endorsing excessively bright lights on the road. Just the advantage of a flashing light compared to a non-flashing one. It could be the difference between life & death.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
But if kept in context surely the reference to attention is another way of saying to be noticed more while being somewhat vulnerable while on the road among motorised larger faster vehicles. Just in the same way that hi vis clothing help to protect us.
(Except that hi vis is unproven for road cycling in the real world)
Yes, to be noticed more than other cyclists, walkers, and so on and thereby fark them over. It's anti social, like screaming

I don`t think anyone is endorsing excessively bright lights on the road. Just the advantage of a flashing light compared to a non-flashing one. It could be the difference between life & death.
I think the disadvantages of flashing lights in being more difficult to identify location and speed are more likely to be that difference.

D

Deleted member 26715

I think the disadvantages of flashing lights in being more difficult to identify location and speed are more likely to be that difference.
What's your thoughts on why indicators on vehicles flash & don't stay on constant?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ivo

What's your thoughts on why indicators on vehicles flash & don't stay on constant?

Indicaters don't provide your position, they only inform other roadusers of an intended direction change.
In most European countries the use of flashing lights is prohibited by law. For other cyclists flashing lights are something between a nuisance and a danger. So please don't use them for other people's sake.

Last edited by a moderator:

mjr

Indicaters don't provide your position, they only inform other roadusers of an intended direction change.
In most European countries the use of flashing lights is prohibited by law. For other cyclists flashing lights are something between a nuisance and a danger. So please don't use them for other people's sake.
^^ this. And those cars that turn off the position lights when the indicator turns on are a mistake, making it easy for other road users to fail to notice the signal at a glance. Sadly the rule-makers err sometimes.

mjr

Don't understand why flashing lights are a danger to cyclists as long as they are not overpowered. Super strong lights, front or rear, flashing or steady, are my big problem with other cyclists' lighting. And that is getting worse.
Flashing lights distract cyclists, plus distract others from non-flashing cyclists. Dazzlers are also very wrong, it's true.

mjr

I see zero problem with flashing lights, so long as not over bright. Never, ever ride without them, personally.
What's really idiotic is people riding, or walking for that matter, through the two tunnels on NCN27 between here and Plymouth, with no lights, flashing or otherwise.
You need some headlights you can see with. I suspect Lidl will have some on sale soon ;)

Top Bottom