Aldi cycling specials 29 Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I bought these in the sale

Front-and-Rear-LED-Bike-Lights-A.jpg

I've been a bit disappointed:

1) The thing on the back of the light that attaches it to the bracket broke off one of them. Aldi exchanged it no quibble but it was poor quality
2) The rubber cover on the charging port isn't well attached. One has fallen off. I suspect water ingress may be a problem in the future
3) The batteries don't last long enough on a full charge. I reckon 4 hours max

Positives are that they are nice and bright, the attaching bracket is well designed so you can adjust the beam angle

simongt

Guru
People tend to crash trollies into them?

Of the three Aldis I've used in Norwich, two have Sheffield stands near the entrance. The third, ironically the newest & by far the closest to me has the stands at the BACK of the store. so far away from the entrance that none of the many cyclists that use that particular store use these stands. They / we all use the railings near the entrance and as far as I'm aware, no problems with trolley bashing.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
They / we all use the railings near the entrance and as far as I'm aware, no problems with trolley bashing.
Are they just railings rather than a trolley park? They can be OK but not all shops have them.

It's disappointing if a shop in Norwich is flouting the Norfolk Parking Standards by putting a cycle park at the back, but some planning officers will agree to it :sad:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
[QUOTE 4573015, member: 43827"]Wore the lobster gloves today on a 2 hour, very cold ride. I have problems with cold fingers due to Reynaud's but today no problems at all, my hands were warm all ride. It took a little bit of getting used to braking but soon got the hang of it.

The only problem was my wife laughing at the Spock salute.

star-trek-vulcan-salute-smiley-emoticon.gif [/QUOTE]
Its odd isnt it , rode home the other day in thick gloves but as my hands were already chilly although the gloves were damp with sweat my fingertips were cold .

Attachments

• star-trek-vulcan-salute-smiley-emoticon.gif
    star-trek-vulcan-salute-smiley-emoticon.gif
    44 KB · Views: 37

cyberknight

Those two things can go hand in hand.
Ita the reynauds , they were cold to start with and never warmed up, the joys of sitting on a fork truck for a couple of hours in an unheated warehouse , tried warm water and hand drier to get the circulation going but no joy .

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Ita the reynauds , they were cold to start with and never warmed up, the joys of sitting on a fork truck for a couple of hours in an unheated warehouse , tried warm water and hand drier to get the circulation going but no joy .
Alcohol! (In moderation), preferably in a hot drink is what I resort to when other methods of getting the circulation going doesn't work. As it does the exact opposite to Raynauds being a vascular dilator. Only after finishing work for the day though.

I've just read chilli is also good at opening blood vessels, I might have to see if nibbling a small amount of chilli would work to reverse Raynauds! .

Reactions: mjr

cyberknight

Alcohol! (In moderation), preferably in a hot drink is what I resort to when other methods of getting the circulation going doesn't work. As it does the exact opposite to Raynauds being a vascular dilator. Only after finishing work for the day though.

I've just read chilli is also good at opening blood vessels, I might have to see if nibbling a small amount of chilli would work to reverse Raynauds! .
Just ordered ...
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RockBros-...171418?hash=item3cfa3a6f9a:g:UlIAAOSw3xJVXXUX
s-l1600.jpg

and ...
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/700-wint...586_ii__vi__&gclid=CMWC9tijydACFUo6Gwod35MD9g

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 51

Ajax Bay

Guru
How do you ride on the drops with those fitted? NB all cables need to be routed under the bar tap.

Top Bottom