Aldi cycling specials 29 Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm going to elbow crutch it down to the local Aldi soon, to have a rummage through the cycling stuff. I bet it's already like a jumble sale! Why is it that when you start to look at the stuff, a totally non cyclist type starts to look too,sticking their arms across your face and picking up stuff you've just looked at? Totally annoying!!:thumbsdown:

What a shambles! Stuff all over the place and all the merino tops have gone.:thumbsdown:
Well, apart from the red base layer one i got for 15 quid. I'll try it on later and s if it fits. If not it's going back.

ACS

Legendary Member
Merino mid layer and for once the sizing on the back of the box was spot on. Very pleased with it given the cost of branded merino wool apparel. Pleasantly surprised to find thumbs holes and sleeves long enough to make them of use. The jersey is long in body length, slim but not a racing fit and neck zip that looks sufficiently robust to be fit for purpose.

Looked at the gloves and thought they would be good in dry cold weather but show them any rainfall and they would soak it up faster than a sponge in a bath. (just on opinion nothing more :-) )

Last edited:

RobWard

Yeah.... went into to get some lights for my mtb....
Came out with an electronic safe, massive metal torch and a bottle of rum. :wacko:

I nearly bought one of them safes as I saw them right next to the cycling gear lol

Lights, other lights and a Merino headband for MrsC. Slightly miffed that the lights I bought have a different usb end to last year.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I think it is terrible judgement. You don't know if that 18 stone person has just started out on a cycling journey to weight loss....
Odds are they haven't, else they'd probably have started losing some of it... but I don't generally agree with the comment. If some sparkly lights or a new pump gets anyone cycling, so be it!

Top Bottom