Aldi gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
The tool kit will be fine, it will join my fettling kit that I've already got, but now got back up for the car and take on trips etc. as people have said for every so often fettling it's fine, it ain't a pro kit, but then again I don't think it claims to be
I might well pop back and see if they still have any, in that case. ^_^
I had a cheap tool kit in the past and the first time I tried the 10mm ring spanner, it bent then broke which is why I asked the question.

mynydd

Veteran
Loads left in Lewes branch, a huge pile of stands and everything else

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Has anybody managed to mount the Wireless.computer onto a stem or top tube yet? I mean instead of handlebars. I tried pushing down the little plastic catch to turn the fitting the other way but not sure if its designed to.be fitted that way?
I dont think it is possible. There appear to be 2 ridges on the piece with the curved surface that locate in 2 slots in the piece that holds the computer, and it looks as if there would be no way of fitting it differently. (???)

Tyke

The Lidl one has a quick release on the tube clamp, the Aldi a knob.
The Lidl one I have is a knob not quick release but it is 2 years old the Q/R would be nice but I haven`t had any problems without it.

The Aldi and Lidl stands this year both look like good value.

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
Anyone in the burton on trent area that can pick me up some of the overshoes for a size 8 ? i am on holiday and thats the only thing i could do with

Do you still want these CK ? Only just seen this as been away myself. If you do i'll ask the other half if she can nip in to see if they still have any.

broadway

Veteran
The Lidl one I have is a knob not quick release but it is 2 years old the Q/R would be nice but I haven`t had any problems without it.

The Aldi and Lidl stands this year both look like good value.

It also has a magnet in the front recess of the tool trail, does the Aldi?

Dan J B

Has anyone successfully mounted a carbon road bike onto the Bikemate Work-Stand via the seat post? There is no way my Roubaix's top tube will fit in the clamp so it's seat post or it's going back. Cheers.

Dan

MaxInc

Has anyone successfully mounted a carbon road bike onto the Bikemate Work-Stand via the seat post? There is no way my Roubaix's top tube will fit in the clamp so it's seat post or it's going back. Cheers.

Dan

There's no way you can safely secure a bike by the seatpost on this stand. Even the instructions tell you to balance the bike on the tand which would be impossible by holding it by the seatpost. Mine is going back today.

Dan J B

Just adjusted my front mech with bike on stand attached by seat post. Was quite wobbly and the clamp was groaning but got the job done - just. Not sure if I will keep it though as really not suitable for carbon bikes with odd shaped top tubes!

Dan

Top Bottom