Aldi gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
Obviously needs a bit of bodger work then.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Do you still want these CK ? Only just seen this as been away myself. If you do i'll ask the other half if she can nip in to see if they still have any.
Mother got me a gilet and managed to find a store on hols that had the overshoes, with the work wear stuff for some reason :wacko:, look ok for commuting but not sleek enough for weight weenies.

aidB

Regular
Lidl Farnworth still had a few work stands in this morning. (Sunday 14th July) Also a few clothing bits and bobs.

aidB

Regular
Okay, I assembled my Lidl workstand and took a few pics..

WS1.jpg

WS2.jpg

WS5.jpg

WS4.jpg

It's pretty sturdy and well made. Quick release bits are a nice feature. Cost 29.99.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Just adjusted my front mech with bike on stand attached by seat post. Was quite wobbly and the clamp was groaning but got the job done - just. Not sure if I will keep it though as really not suitable for carbon bikes with odd shaped top tubes!

Dan
Debating whether to sell my lidl stand, no real room for it .

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Just adjusted my front mech with bike on stand attached by seat post. Was quite wobbly and the clamp was groaning but got the job done - just. Not sure if I will keep it though as really not suitable for carbon bikes with odd shaped top tubes!

Dan

Clamp the bike via the seat post

aidB

Regular
On my pics, I've now realised that the bike clamp is upside down. That'll teach me to RTFM. :whistle:

Okay, I assembled my Lidl workstand and took a few pics..

WS1.jpg

WS2.jpg

WS5.jpg

WS4.jpg

It's pretty sturdy and well made. Quick release bits are a nice feature. Cost 29.99.
Would it not be better to have the upper arm the other way up (qr on the top instead of bottom) so you are placing the bike onto a fixed arm and clamping down onto it rather than having the clamp having to take the extra weight of the bike ?

Edit you've realised I should have turned the page :blush:

aidB

Regular
Would it not be better to have the upper arm the other way up (qr on the top instead of bottom) so you are placing the bike onto a fixed arm and clamping down onto it rather than having the clamp having to take the extra weight of the bike ?

Edit you've realised I should have turned the page :blush:

Thank you for pointing it out anyway. :thumbsup:

yello

My perspective is that Aldi & Lidl stuff is generally worth a punt. Buy it without high expectation and it will probably satisfy. If it fails, no biggy - you half expect it to anyway. When it exceeds expectation, you'll be delirious!

Top Bottom