Aldi Heads Up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dec66

A gentlemanly pootler, these days
All the stuff at ours in full price still

I quite fancy the pro bib tights but not at £30
£19.99 in the Catford Branch this evening. Only 3 pairs of gents left though (2 medium, 1 large).

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
They have a few bike stands left at my local Aldi, but Mrs Accy moans like feck about my three bikes being there. Could she cope with a bike stand in the corner of the back room as well as the bikes? Somehow i don't think so!:dry:

Dec66

Oh, if you're thinking of buying one of those stands; please, please, please put some padding on the hooks before you put a bike on them.

They are only painted metal, and they will scratch your frame to buggery within seconds, as I just found out the hard way.

Dec66

Staff are expected at work 15 m before they get paid to get changed, which is pretty standard to be fair, and checkout staff are instructed "You dictate the pace, not the customer!"
Out of date produce, scant regard for health and safety issues to staff and to customers as well.

Still, they're probably all like that.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
To be honest, I was in M&S last week and they had out of date stuff in the fridges, so Aldi aren't the only ones.
And I know for a fact that staff at Tesco and Asda have to scan a certain number of items per minute which is constantly measured by the till which warns them if they are going too slowly.

Dec66

And, more pertinently, not putting any fecking padding on the arms of their bike stands.

They should just called them "bike scourers".

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Most bike shops will let you have a couple of the bits of foam that comes on the tubes of new bikes - they only throw it away.

Dec66

Are the bike stands free standing? Or do they need to be fixed to something? Our conservatory is the bike room so nothing to fix them to if they aren't freestanding.

They need to be fixed to a wall, or something else static.

I made the mistake of thinking it was freestanding, till it clattered to the ground as I put the top beam in.

Top Bottom