Aldi......my complaint and the Managers response.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
As do I, as in I realise he has an endless job.......but thats what it is--his job. But I was very pleasant and IMO his response was soooo negative. He doesn't get paid to suggest his customers shop at Sainsburys.
Or, for that matter, to 'manage' his store in such a way that customers have to get down on their hands and knees, or beg help from taller fellow customers, to get the things they need. If it hasn't been necessary 'for years', and now it is, and it's brought to his attention, his job - as the manager - is to sort it, not to tell customers that if they don't like it they can fark off.

GM

Legendary Member
Waitrose doesn't always think their customers are the best!..

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
I am 6'1" and am forever reaching for stuff for shorties, stuff happens but the manager was really rude.

There is an Aldi near me, I use it when we run short, when a queue stretches, maybe 4 people & passes a marked line, another till opens immediately, it's pretty impressive. Still, in the main we shop at Booths (Ilkley) or Waitrose (Otley), far better choice & far better quality, sure Aldi/Lidl are cheaper but I am damn sure we eat less and eat better food at no additional cost.

These discount places, with their tiny "real" food space are fuelling our obesity crisis with their crap but cheap "food".
I have to call you out on that one. Our Aldi has a tiny percentage of processed food - the rest is good quality fresh meat, fruit, veg, dairy, cereals, breads etc. The food is cheaper because they have a different business model based on the German attitude towards saving money.

snorri

Legendary Member
Don’t you mean steakholder? :scratch:
Errr no, it appears the assistant had an unwillingness to hold steak even for the few seconds it would have taken to hand it on to Andy_R.
Truce!^_^

MarkF

Guru
Maybe he'd had a bad
I have to call you out on that one. Our Aldi has a tiny percentage of processed food - the rest is good quality fresh meat, fruit, veg, dairy, cereals, breads etc. The food is cheaper because they have a different business model based on the German attitude towards saving money.

That's ok, my Aldi branch is super clean and customer friendly but I know what Aldi's market is and it's not mine, or MrsF's, I am not bothered about price, I want nice bits and bobs, stuff you'd find in a deli, and, I want brand names. I can't get all what I want there, or Lidl. I can at Booths or Waitrose so we buy less and and eat better. I don't think we spend more, I think we'd spend the same at Aldi/Lidl but buy more.

Top Bottom