ALDI Specials - Thursday 27th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
[QUOTE 2054848, member: 45"]I like the look of the bottoms, but they're not padded.[/quote]

They have the cool max seat pad Paul

thnurg

Rebel without a clue
Is it just me or do the shoes look like they have no adjustment on cleat position? Not that my current Lidl/Aldi (can't remember which) shoes are wearing out but thought I might stock up with a spare pair.
I've got a pair of Aldi shoes. The sole has a removable bit that makes it a flat sole. You take this off in order to replace it with the cleat. On removing it you find a fully adjustable SPD mount underneath.
I found these shoes to be awful if used without SPD on a flat pedal as they were really slippery. Add SPD and they're fine.

400bhp

Guru
does anyone know/have experience of the winter jackets and are they waterproof or do they just soak up the rain?

I have one, as do a few of us here. They aren't waterproof and I don't really have experience of how they handle in very wet weather as I'll usually have a waterproof (Aldi one) mac over the top. Ihn light rain they are OK.

They are cracking value for money. I have an Altura Night Vision windproof winter top which is about £65 new and the Altura is only marginally better, mainly because it wicks sweat away marginally better.

OP
OP
dhd.evans

dhd.evans

Veteran
does anyone know/have experience of the winter jackets and are they waterproof or do they just soak up the rain?

My winter jacket (last year's model) is fairly waterproof. Sort of soaks up the water, but doesn't make you sodden. That said, your arms tend to pool up the water/sweat on the inside. Not unpleasant, but be sure to turn the arms inside out when you get to work to dry it out.

Mine had a weak zip that snapped but i took it back in and they replaced it no bother. Must be a common fault that they're used to as the replacement process was almost a direct swap.

Good morning,

Some of this looks great, especially the pannier rack and the tool kit, if you don’t already have the tools already.

However a lot of the clothing doesn’t look any better than Sports Direct has most of the time, they do have a web site where you would expect it to be if you don't have a branch.

Most of the SD stuff is MuddyFox and I have used the jerseys and shorts for over a year, but the leggings rarely and they are okay but they don't breathe well.

Bye
Ian

400bhp

Guru
Good morning,

Some of this looks great, especially the pannier rack and the tool kit, if you don’t already have the tools already.

However a lot of the clothing doesn’t look any better than Sports Direct has most of the time, they do have a web site where you would expect it to be if you don't have a branch.

Most of the SD stuff is MuddyFox and I have used the jerseys and shorts for over a year, but the leggings rarely and they are okay but they don't breathe well.

Bye
Ian

The stuff is much much better than Sports Direct.

400bhp

Guru
I want the bright rain jacket but £19.99 seems a wee bit steep, anybody know how thick it is?

Thick enough to keep you warm down to zero deg (with a base layer or 2). The thickness isn't really the important bit-it's the stuff it's made of.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
It seems to me the toolkit has changed over the years hasn't it? It seems to me it has become smaller. The pedal spanner, which is one of the more important tools, is missing. I also think those 6 slot spoke keys are worse than useless - they kill spoke nipples.

You might be better off spending an extra tenner getting one of these if you need the pedal spanner, plan on changing chainrings, and want a cassette rather than freewheel tool. I have no idea what the spoke key is like, but I suspect it can't be worse.

Just a thought.

Top Bottom