Aldi Vs Lidl..... who shops where.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Also both. Like all the stores some stuff is better in one than the other. Lidls app is annoying in that many of the offers are not personal but common to all app users so often quickly sell out.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I used to shop at Morrisons but as the prices kept going up and up, we decided to try Aldi for the first time towards the end of last year. Its so much better than Morrisons IMHO so I will be sticking with them. I tried Liddl some years ago but I do like Aldi

Mike_P

Guru
Checked my grocery spending this year and near enough the same in both.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I use both.
Aldi first and Lidl last due to road layout as I turn left out of Lidl and back to the ferry terminal but going to Aldi next would mean a right turn across a busy road. This is possible early in the day but later can be a problem.
I know where most things are in Aldi so easy to get round and checkouts are always open so easy to get out quickly. I prefer the meat and fish area in Aldi tho' Lidl is adequate.
Lidl is much better for yoghurt and mostly their fruit and veg is ok but on my last visit I got a rotten potato in one bag and a rotten apple in another package. Since I am a long way away before I find this there is realistically nothing I can do about it.
I do not like self scanning either and always make a hash of it so need to find somebody to open a till in Lidl which wastes a lot of time which is constrained by ferry timetables.

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I think they are more or less the same really. I think Lidl has the edge as the fruit and veg is generally better than Aldi's. However Lidl is more difficult to get to for me plus its a right pain getting back onto the main road from the carpark. So I mainly go to Aldi's. However, I do get sick of Aldi's and then got to Asda or M and S.
Aldi and Lidl are cheaper than the other supermarkets but I get really fed up of the range which is very limited if you don't eat meat/fish. Aldi's cereals and tinned soups are inedible in my opinion also.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I think they are more or less the same really. I think Lidl has the edge as the fruit and veg is generally better than Aldi's. However Lidl is more difficult to get to for me plus its a right pain getting back onto the main road from the carpark. So I mainly go to Aldi's. However, I do get sick of Aldi's and then got to Asda or M and S.
Aldi and Lidl are cheaper than the other supermarkets but I get really fed up of the range which is very limited if you don't eat meat/fish. Aldi's cereals and tinned soups are inedible in my opinion also.

All tinned soup is inedible.

Chris S

Legendary Member
There's one of each about half a mile from my house. I tend to go to Lidl because I have to cross a nasty junction to get to Aldi.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I used a nearby Lidl pretty frequently until I got falsely accused of shoplifting there. As I was dissatisfied by their responses to my complaints (one direct to customer services, one direct to the CEO, which bounced back to customer services and resulted in very little improvement) I'm now vetoing them. No idea how long I can keep this up for.

The local Aldi is currently shut while they develop the land into a big block of flats with an Aldi store below but I've not managed to find an opening date. Meanwhile, it's the occasional trip to a different Aldi 5 miles away but other local supermarkets now get much more of my shopping money.

Top Bottom