Aldi Wine Description. Does this tickle your taste buds?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
No, it's not immediately the most enticing of descriptions is it?

That said, I do like an Islay whisky, often described as "peaty" and "medicinal" with notes of seaweed and iodine, which might not sound too appealing to many either.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
No, it's not immediately the most enticing of descriptions is it?

That said, I do like an Islay whisky, often described as "peaty" and "medicinal" with notes of seaweed and iodine, which might not sound too appealing to many either.
That sounds suspiciously like Laphroaig! I think I would rather just drink the iodine and seaweed mix :rolleyes:.
Maybe tobacco and cigar is not so bad after all ^_^

PK99

Legendary Member
They are advertising a Spanish red wine as tasting of "tobacco and Cigar Boxes".
mmmm, just cant wait to get a bottle of wine that tastes of tobacco AND cigars :blush:

Cedarwood, tobacco, cigar box are all classic tasting notes for the nose of mature oaked red wines such as Rioja and Bordeaux.

It comes from the use of oak in the fermentation or storage vessels. French oak tends toward sandalwood/cedar/tobacco American oak toward coconut and vanilla

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Cedarwood, tobacco, cigar box are all classic tasting notes for the nose of mature oaked red wines such as Rioja and Bordeaux.

It comes from the use of oak in the fermentation or storage vessels. French oak tends toward sandalwood/cedar/tobacco American oak toward coconut and vanilla
Ahhh I see.
But I am sure those clever marketing people could make it sound nicer than tobacco and cigar boxes though

Globalti

Legendary Member
How about notes of rum-soaked Cuban tobacco with antique Montecristo cigar cases?

That's marketing-speak.

Cycleops

Legendary Member

Not related to Jilly Goolden by any chance you are you?

postman

Legendary Member
mini_sm_bal2.jpg
Nice .

Top Bottom