Aldi Wine Description. Does this tickle your taste buds?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
A whisky professional ( not me ) once described Laphroaig as tasting like old socks steeped in disinfectant. We were trying to replicate the taste in the lab but could not quite get it right.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
They are advertising a Spanish red wine as tasting of "tobacco and Cigar Boxes".
mmmm, just cant wait to get a bottle of wine that tastes of tobacco AND cigars :blush:
Have you a link? Asking for a friend ;)

Lullabelle

Banana
We have tried ALDI wine, some is better than others, we tend to go for the percentage 13.5 + % and the description being fruity. Before now we have had a bottle of red that smelt and tasted of leather and it was actually rather nice.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
We have tried ALDI wine, some is better than others, we tend to go for the percentage 13.5 + % and the description being fruity. Before now we have had a bottle of red that smelt and tasted of leather and it was actually rather nice.
We tend to shop at Aldi, as against Lidl but my feeling is that £ for £ Lidl wine is better ie we dont pay much for everyday plonk and I think £5.00 will get you better/nicer wine at Lidl.

Lullabelle

Banana
We tend to shop at Aldi, as against Lidl but my feeling is that £ for £ Lidl wine is better ie we dont pay much for everyday plonk and I think £5.00 will get you better/nicer wine at Lidl.

We don't have a Lidl anywhere near us whereas Aldi is a short walk up the road. Our Coop have a really good selection, Malbec, Merlot etc...

PK99

Legendary Member

Again leather or savory is a classic tasting note.

PK99

Legendary Member
A really good rioja has a leather taste.

...because the Rioja grapes are high in tannin and tannin is used in...

also, a bacterial contaminant in some wine ( brettanomyces (Brett)) has a sweaty saddle/horse blanket smell to it, at low levels this is actually quite good at high levels, pretty nasty

Top Bottom