Aldi winter cycling gear..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Been into Aldi in Batley - lots of shoes/toolkits/jackets.

Came away with the trousers in Small. No tri suit in Medium and they aren't in Small anyway.

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
You calling yourself a cyclist now? :whistle:
Well, I have the gear :tongue:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just back from Didsbury store. Only me and lady in there - she was in for winter gloves.

Me I got:-

Winter gloves - medium weight - will be probably the ones I use most when it gets cold as my Altura Night Vision ones are a bit warm
Overshoes - these are OK on cold or damp mornings - not in the wet and they last a winter
Waterproof pants - my old ones are OK, but starting to wear out after 2 years. Improvements this time are two velcro straps on leg to stop fabric flapping near chain.
2x Puncture Kits !!!
3x Spoke Reflectors - for son's school bike, plus a spare set when some WILL get stolen.

£42 total, £37 with Mirror Voucher.

Lots of stock in Didsbury. Winter Jackets look same as I already have - windproof front, breathable back - will do down to -3 or so with just 1 base layer on. Winter tops are just long sleve tops.

Wouldn't mind the stand (or two) but I've spent enough. I'd guess my local one will probably have the stands in two weeks (pay day) anyway !

400bhp

Guru
Just back from Didsbury store. Only me and lady in there - she was in for winter gloves.

Me I got:-

Winter gloves - medium weight - will be probably the ones I use most when it gets cold as my Altura Night Vision ones are a bit warm
Overshoes - these are OK on cold or damp mornings - not in the wet and they last a winter
Waterproof pants - my old ones are OK, but starting to wear out after 2 years. Improvements this time are two velcro straps on leg to stop fabric flapping near chain.
2x Puncture Kits !!!
3x Spoke Reflectors - for son's school bike, plus a spare set when some WILL get stolen.

£42 total, £37 with Mirror Voucher.

Lots of stock in Didsbury. Winter Jackets look same as I already have - windproof front, breathable back - will do down to -3 or so with just 1 base layer on. Winter tops are just long sleve tops.

Wouldn't mind the stand (or two) but I've spent enough. I'd guess my local one will probably have the stands in two weeks (pay day) anyway !

I guess they are the same as they have had in the past, just in reflective yellow this time?

Good enough for temps town to about 5 deg (with a base layer) up to 15 deg.

fossyant

Reflective yellow and red and blue. Also have the 'jackets' in red blue. Jackets being thicker/windproof and full zip. The yellow felt thinner though.

Rayvon

Just blown 80 quid in there, looks like Im gonna be in trouble later. Ordered spd pedals off eBay too might as well get it all over with.

zizou

Veteran
Got a merino top, couple of pairs of socks and the gloves. The glove design is a bit different than previous years.

The yellow winter jersey is more like a long sleeve summer top than a winter one, it is very lightweight...actually think it is probably more lightweight than their summer short sleeve jerseys!

Teuchter

Über Member
Our local Aldi put the stuff out on display last night before they closed at 8pm. As it happened I was in for some stuff. Got to love Aldi... bag of tatties, carton of milk, 2 loaves of bread. SPD cycling shoes and winter gloves all for £30.

The shoes are the velcro ones and are replacing my old Aldi ones which were of similar appearance from two years ago. Swapped the cleats over last night and wore them in today - well impressed with them. The old soles were not ideal for walking in (think similar to walking in football boots) but the new ones are really good on and off the bike. Sized large, I'm normally a size 9.5 to 10 but a pair in size 9 fitted perfectly.

diddle

Been to my local Wigan store, in and out in 15 mins. Got the blue winter jacket, I'm a 38" chest and got the large to give me a little room underneath. Fit is fine and coller is snug as well, two pockets in back.

Also the high viz yellow top, fit is excellent and seemp nice and comfy too.
Not a bd mornings expadition.

Local store now ran out of M and L winter cycling trousers. I got the last two larges - wasn't sure which to get, but as there were no mediums it made it easy!

fossyant

Our local Aldi put the stuff out on display last night before they closed at 8pm.

My local one (Romiley) doesn't do that. Checked last night, and there was a huge space for today's stuff - guess they just roll it out in the morning !!!

I'm actually quite impressed. Went in to have a look, and came out with a base layer (to add to the four I already have), arm & leg warmers and a winter jacket. I had to get the jacket in small to get the right fit, but it actually feels pretty good to wear and the collar is a good fit, which has not been the case on previous Aldi jackets I have tried. If it performs on the road, then it will be excellent value for £16. The arm/leg warmers are also a good fit and seem like they might stay up. Didn't buy the gloves, they just didn't feel right.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Not expecting my local store to have anything left, but I have to call in Tesco at lunch time so will have a gander! Could do with a few more base layers and some leg warmers!

Gaz Vickers

Sent the wife, as i'm in work, She got me a Red jacket, Red Jersey, Gloves and a puncture kit! She said it was very busy! lol, Was going to get the cycling trousers too but i will wait till its colder and get some bib type ones!

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
I spent over £120 on my visit! With another £30 to follow once they get the toolkits and base layers in... I nearly bought a lady's top by mistake too, luckily noticed just as I was about to checkout lol!

Top Bottom