Aldi winter cycling gear..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
I think the winter jacket is very good value for money, can see it getting used a lot as I haven't really got anything like it, most of my jackets are the waterproof boil-in-the-bag type.
Might even get another so I have 1 for commuting and 1 for leisure rides/spare.

Socks are comfortable but wouldn't expect them to keep my feet warm, more of an Autumn/Spring weight than winter.

Teuchter

Über Member
Given all of the positive comments about the winter jacket I may have to see if there are any left tonight for a spare as my 3 year old Gore windstopper jacket is getting a bit frayed around the edges. Slightly reluctant as it's practically the only bit of non Aldi cycling gear that I wear!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Been very happy with my winter jackets - one I chucked as the reflective stickers looked a mess from my rucksack (older design), so bought another 2 years ago. The windproofing works really well and you don't get sweatty betty in them, as the rear of the arms and the back is standard fabric. They did get a slating about the zips a few years back, but that's been sorted now. Fit is a bit odd sometimes, but the jackets do the job well for £15. I wear that jacket most of the winter. Oh blue jacket for the blue bike ????

thnurg

Rebel without a clue
Just back from the Stirling store with lights, trousers, gloves, reflectors and over shoes. They still had loads of stuff in. They also take credit cards.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
We too are waiting to be paid tomorrow but today we got a couple of those micro LED light sets, they are really very good. We got some spoke reflectors and a pack of 4 flashing band thingies (mostly as they fit on our dogs collars and we can see them as they vanish into the distance over the stubble field)

There was one bloke there today who had 2 trollys back to back and was hogging the space as he picked out what he wanted to buy. Nobody else could get anywhere near. Luckily the stuff that we were after was just at the edge and we could reach if we stood on tippy toes and stretched.

Wester

Guru
i got the tool kit and knew what every tool was only for one small plastic round shaped tool with a splined end on it is

What is this tool for

Nearly there

Veteran
Id been on nights so my day was spent in bed so I asked her indoors to have a look in she says it was frantic not much left from what she could see from behind the scrum and that was at 11 this morning,why aren't people at work:rolleyes:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
re. the 'Merino' top - hope you realise its not really a merino top - it's 70% acrylic - I would have thought that in a scrupulously honest world it would be described as an 'Acrylic and Merino' top - anyway I bought another one, not for cycling they are much too big a fit for that*, just everyday wear. Bought one last year - yes - they machine wash fine.
* the womens sizes fit me better than mens, but I think they are indulging in a bit of 'vanity' sizing - I bought a 12-14 and it is much too big to wear as an underlayer, Can't really believe it but a 10-12 would be more of a 'cycling' fit on me - male with 37" chest

D

Deleted member 23692

Only got a pair of winter trousers, which seem to be made for stranger shape people that I.

Binka

Über Member
I got a pair of winter trousers, arm warmers, leg warmers and a merino top. Haven't tried the top on yet but am pleased with the fit and quality of the rest of it for the price.

Top Bottom