Commuter / Winter Trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
straas

straas

Matt
NBD.JPG

OP
OP
straas

straas

Matt

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

Might be worth using a separate clamp that clamps onto the seat post, rather than using one that does both purposes - spreads the load out.

bobzmyunkle

Might be worth using a separate clamp that clamps onto the seat post, rather than using one that does both purposes - spreads the load out.
I've done many miles of touring including with camping gear with the clamp linked above.
Can't comment on the size needed other than to say it needs to be the same as the seat post clamp it's replacing.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've done many miles of touring including with camping gear with the clamp linked above.
Can't comment on the size needed other than to say it needs to be the same as the seat post clamp it's replacing.

Just needs to measure it as the tube diameter/wall thickness can affect the size. Common are 28.6mm, 30mm, 31.8mm, 34.9mm & 36.4mm.

OP
OP
straas

straas

Matt
Handily the seatpost clamp has 30mm stamped underneath.

Less handily this doesn't seem like a standard size for the type with eyelet points. Found some at 29.8mm!

OP
OP
straas

straas

Matt
Found a 30mm one - ordered that and a new set of M520s as I have no idea what I did with my old ones.

Now to collect the mudguards and rack from my old bike and install! I'm anticipating problems with the mudguards as the bike came with 28mm tyres!

Top Bottom