Aldi winter cycling gear..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I got the shoes, the mountain bike ones as the three velcro shoes looked a bit sparkly for my liking. Also got the spoke reflectors. Most the other stuff was gone or I already had. I would rather get my lights from the 7 day shop I think they would be brighter.

Davehateshills

Had a look in earlier and picked up some gloves, shoes (the 3 strap Velcro ones) a set of lights and some of those reflective bands. Oh, 2 packs of diced chicken too - good value.

That lot cost me £51 (without the chicken) however I have since ordered some SPD pedals from CRC £20 minus a £5 evoucher that they sent me.

So clip-less for £35! that's not bad :thumbsup:

Couldn't resist could I. Went back this afternoon and picked up a jacket. That puts my Aldi spend up to £65 today. Its a good job the OH is at a sales conference in Nottingham! :becool:

Shrimp_Stu

Spoke reflectors not as good as last years ones, the fitting is to big for my Boardman Hybrid stock wheels spokes: they keep sliding down the spoke to the hub.
Wanted a pair of waterproof trousers to commute to train station but only Small or XL left (Southend-on-sea Aldi), got some compression tights and rack for the hybrid.
Resisted against the other bargains.

D

Deleted member 20519

Popped in today, most of the stuff was gone so I missed out on the jacket and trousers unfortunately. I did however get the bike lock, set of lights, arm warmers, leg warmers and socks. All for under £30.

Diggs

Veteran
Got the jacket (to replace one from their last sale that I cannot find anywhere), compression base layer, waterproof trousers (which I was hoping would be a little more fitted for cycling, still ok for dog walking and rugby) and off topic finally got replacement smoke alarm/carbon monoxide detectors. My one saving grace was the bike stand which is now up and Mrs D is overjoyed that she can get washing in and out of the utility room without snagging on handlebars

D

Deleted member 20519

Got one off these today good Quality
Wont be long before i test it out in the rain..:reading:

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers...uys3_26714.htm

They had tons of them left, no winter jackets though. I did almost buy a pink womens jacket and put the pinkness down to the artificial lighting... almost :rolleyes:

HovR

Über Member
Got the shoes to test out clipless for the first time. Wanted the brown ones really, but they'd ran out - Luckily I was there in time to get the last black & silver style in my size.

Also bought the light set for my winter bike. They're ok as additional or "be seen" lighting. Brackets don't seem like they're going to snap straight away unlike some other cheap lights.

paulw1969

Ridley rider
well i'm spent up....went to the Aldi near my work with a colleague at dinnertime .....then went to the local one when i got home.........2 pairs socks....compression top and bottoms........merino jumper (did umm and arrh about this as really its just a jumper but thought i haven't anything like it so i got it anyway)........winter trousers (not sure about the fit on these round the waist but will see)....its my wedding anniversary today so when i got home the wife had got me one of the winter jackets too....result:smile:....so all kitted out ready for the colder commutes now:wahhey:

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
I looked at the winter trousers but wasn't impressed, socks are nice so went back for another 2 pairs.
Also had to take a shirt back as I'd picked up the wrong size, ended up getting the correct size but a female version :rolleyes: couldn't be bothered going back again so will swap it tomorrow.

About to do my 1st commute in my winter jacket :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 23692

I looked at the winter trousers but wasn't impressed
Me neither :sad: Just been for a ride, and turned back after ½mile as I'd already stopped 3 times to pull thing back up over my arse. My pair seem to have medium legs (great fit) with an XL waist band fitted. Oddly the last pair I got from Aldi got binned for being to baggy in the leg, and tight round the waist

Looks like some home tailoring is gonna be needed

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
just bought gloves, winter jacket looked a bit meh to be honest, too thick imo. The rain jacket looked worth a punt but decided to leave it for now, not keen on bright flou jackets.

Rayvon

Me neither :sad: Just been for a ride, and turned back after ½mile as I'd already stopped 3 times to pull thing back up over my arse. My pair seem to have medium legs (great fit) with an XL waist band fitted. Oddly the last pair I got from Aldi got binned for being to baggy in the leg, and tight round the waist

Looks like some home tailoring is gonna be needed

I bought the large winter pants usually go fo medium, they seem tight on the arse but tighter on legs, glad I didn't get medium.

Top Bottom