Aldi winter cycling gear..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nofers

Regular
All my cycling gear is from aldi and plus a few lidl ones. Can I join a cycling club or do I need to buy branded ones? Seen club runs, nobody wear aldi or lidl stuff but more on gore and Rapha stuff.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The winter jacket is too warm yet. Like 400 Bhp, about 8c or less.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

400bhp

Guru
All my cycling gear is from aldi and plus a few lidl ones. Can I join a cycling club or do I need to buy branded ones? Seen club runs, nobody wear aldi or lidl stuff but more on gore and Rapha stuff.

Pretty much the same here. Feck em, I'll wear what I want. Quite a few wear the Aldi stuff in my local club. Doesn't make you go any faster.

HovR

Über Member

On my club runs I wear a cheapy pair of Azore shorts, a MuddyFox jersey and (now) Aldi shoes - Whilst riding a steel framed road bike from the 70's. I must look like a right amateur, but I can still keep up with the other riders in their club/team kit on carbon road bikes. :smile:

albion

Guru
Same type - best jacket I have ever had.
10C is fine if there is a breeze.

I have had 1 use so far this September on a windy day. It comes into its own mid to late November.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I went in yesterday at around 5:30 pm to get some beer and just expected all the cycling gear to have gone. I was surprised when quite a lot of it was left. I did not essentially need any more gear but the prices and the quality looked good. I bought the jersey that you pull over your head for £8.99, I wore that this morning and it's superb. I also got the winter jacket again for £15.99 I could not say no, it looks superb for the money and considering that I have an Endura FS260 windproof long sleeve jersey that I paid nearly £60 it appears to be an absolute bargain, although I have not tried it yet. I also got some arm warmers which are too big and going back. Luckily I tried the jersey's on in the shop as I am normally a large but this stuff appears to be sized on the large side and medium fits me. Great value for money.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Road tested the gloves and waterproof pants (already had a 2 year old pair of pants).

Hands remained nice and dry despite the hissing rain this morning. Take care taking off as you can pull the inner layer out of the fingers (like all thicker gloves).

Waterproof Pants - yes waterproof like they have always been, but there are now two velcro adjustment straps on the lower leg - this is a big step forward from the old ones, as these fit better to the lower leg, so no flapping material to brush the chain - my old pants were very oily on the lower leg. One of the straps is reflective.

tadpole

Waterproof top, is smaller than the last one they sold I went to an extra large, as it needs to fit over my cycling jacket, but until it gets much colder in the mornig I will wear it on its own, with a short sleeved top, as it is quite warm (and wind proof unless you open the zipped vents/pockets) Waterproof legging were larger than the last Aldi set I bought, so went for a large.

Gaz Vickers

I tried my Red waterproof Jacket last night, only did a gentle 6 miles or so and it didn't rain. But gotta say it was comfortable and warm. I'm impressed with it.. Mines a medium and a good fit (maybe something inbetween a small and medium) may of fit me better, but got room to move at least! Not tried the gloves yet!

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
They had tons of them left, no winter jackets though. I did almost buy a pink womens jacket and put the pinkness down to the artificial lighting... almost :rolleyes:

Me too - almost tried the damn thing on - they had them on the same rail as the few remaining red ones !!

I'm NOT a size 10 anymore.

Top Bottom