Aldi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
quality dived since last time
Possibly either Aldi are cutting costs on production with inferior 'ingredients', or their manufacturers are. :whistle:

Possibly either Aldi are cutting costs on production with inferior 'ingredients', or their manufacturers are. :whistle:
more like a mix of moving upmarket a shade and wanting to boost margins after establishing themselves in the UK I reckon. Have had some great stuff from Aldi, some I should have bought more of. Definitely not as good as once.

Last edited:
Reactions: C R

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...

Just bought one of the bike storage stands, looks very much like the Decathlon one (above) but silver colour - 8.99 instead of 14.99.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
View attachment 613149

Just bought one of the bike storage stands, looks very much like the Decathlon one (above) but silver colour - 8.99 instead of 14.99.
we seem to have sh!t loads of them... they'll be down to 5.99 before long.

In other news, we also have 1000s of a bottles of bubble solution (75% off), and are stuck with loads of disposable BBQs (50% off)... so please, pop down to your local Aldi... we need the space!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I’ve got a couple of those but you do need to be careful, the bike is not that secure when using them.
How do you mean? I've got 4, different makes but basically all the same design. Haven't had any problems using them.

Gunk

Guru
The bike balances in the stand so can just be a bit precarious

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Bought a track pump yesterday, I gave an old one to my parents and have been missing having one which can do both sorts of valves without modification.

Bought a track pump yesterday, I gave an old one to my parents and have been missing having one which can do both sorts of valves without modification.
is it any good?
Seem to recall that it had no gauge.
I bought one from Lidl once - it exploded and broke itself about the third time I used it.

Last edited:
if it has a gauge will it be accurate?
i take the view that a gauge will be good enough for my purposes.
I do have a separate gauge I trust but find it a fag to take pumps off to check pressure, then repeat etc.

edit - looking again, the specs don't seem to mention a gauge but the pic seems to show that it does actually have one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom