Aldi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
A lot of the items are down as delayed - their is a list of delayed items on the web site which implies they will still be available in store on Sunday except for Ladies' Grey Merino Base Shirt which is listed as being in store on 1 Oct but then there is mention at all of the Mens

Alex321

Veteran
Ordered a bike maintenance stand, saved a fiver over what is essentially the same thing from Ebay.
Got one of those from them about 3-4 years ago. Use it regularly, very good for the price.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
A lot of the items are down as delayed - their is a list of delayed items on the web site which implies they will still be available in store on Sunday except for Ladies' Grey Merino Base Shirt which is listed as being in store on 1 Oct but then there is mention at all of the Mens
The bib shorts are tempting, is it the same situation in-store as it is online ?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I`m sure the shorts have come on but personally the sizing is well off, the last bib longs I bought the pad at the front came nowhere near it was meant to ! Did wonder if they were for ladies.........

400ixl

Bike maintenance stand arrived today. More substantial in build than I was expecting, very well made and quite thick metal tubing. Impressed so far for the price.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Bike maintenance stand arrived today. More substantial in build than I was expecting, very well made and quite thick metal tubing. Impressed so far for the price.
Damn, I didn't know you could order online before they are available in the shop. Now unavailable.

I'll have to take my chance in the shop. How big/heavy are they? Will I get one home on the bike or do I have to get the car out?

Alex321

Veteran
Damn, I didn't know you could order online before they are available in the shop. Now unavailable.

I'll have to take my chance in the shop. How big/heavy are they? Will I get one home on the bike or do I have to get the car out?
You'll need the car, they are not too heavy when you are moving it around to use it, but much too heavy to carry on a bike while riding one handed, and too big to rationally put on a bike pannier rack.

You probably could just about manage it in a rucksack, though even fully folded, it is big enough to stick out of the top a bit.

Don't know if part of the latest cycling special buys (probably) but yesterday I got a bike toolset for 25 quid and set of lights for 15 quid from aldi.

Haven't even opened the packages yet so I can't comment on quality.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
The tools aren't bad got some a few years ago still going. Stand is good and goes in cycle trailer easily. Phone carrier is useful for chocolate! 😁

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
For no reason other than retail therapy, I grabbed another set of the bike lights. I bought a set a couple of years ago and was blown away with just how good the front light is. The rear had an ill conceived attachment, so i never used it. However this time round, the back light has as good a fitting as the front so they're an even better buy.

Just to recap my story from the last purchase... I was using a £50 Moon light which needed recharging every 7-10 days. That wasn't a problem. It's a great light; very bright and perfect for unlit country lanes. The £15 Aldi light was just as bright and like the Moon, it got used daily, and needed its first recharge 3 months after I began using it!

Top Bottom