Alex Dowsett hour record attempt.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
Has Alex got a contract for neat year?

SWSteve

Guru
He has signed a 2 year deal, and the promo is him with a factor bike.
Questions are:
1. Are there any other pro teams sponsored by Factor
2. Could his hour record be in negotiations between sponsors/teams? Would he leave the bike down to negotiations? Would he pull a Dennis and ride a blacked out BMC?

SWSteve

Guru

interested to see if he has bypassed pro-conti and gone straight to the Asia tour.

I would be keen to learn who else will be on factor bikes.

If I was a bike manufacturer who sponsored a team which just signed a rider who had just signed a Giro stage winner, who was about to attempt an hour record, I wouldn’t be too happy if his promo featured another bike manufacturer.

13 rider

Guru
On his youtube channel he seems to be arranging the hour record independently so probably riding what he thinks will be the quickest .
I think he can beat his previous best of 52km as he thinks he rode that conservatively but 55km might be too much in Manchester in the winter

SWSteve

Guru
On his youtube channel he seems to be arranging the hour record independently so probably riding what he thinks will be the quickest .
I think he can beat his previous best of 52km as he thinks he rode that conservatively but 55km might be too much in Manchester in the winter

didnt Wiggins wish he had done his attempt in Manchester as its rounder than London, but because it was a ticketed event a London would sell more seats?

13 rider

Guru
didnt Wiggins wish he had done his attempt in Manchester as its rounder than London, but because it was a ticketed event a London would sell more seats?
Not sure about the velodrome was talking more about air pressure he wanted a week's window to pick the best day but the UCI insisted on a fixed rate

Top Bottom