All I want are discs and mudguards.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pumpkin the robot
I have pulled the trigger on a Kinesis racelight 4s disc in the silver and orange flavour. I got the frame and fork delivered for £420 and I am now looking at wheel options. As the frame is qr, and 130/135 rear spacing I am limited a bit on wheels, but Kinesis do a few sets and I have also been looking at the vision 30 trimax. I am going to go for the ultegra R8000 disc groupset.
I will get some pics up when parts start to arrive.

JhnBssll

Veteran
The R8020 Ultegra kit is nice, I've got it on my Roubaix :okay: Have you considered Hope RX-4 calipers as another sneaky upgrade? I've got them on 2 of mine now and they're ace :smile:

Last edited:
Surprised no-one has mentioned the Focus Paralane yet.

Discs, alu or carbon, choice of groups and the neatest mudguard system I've seen as a standard fitment.

Prices start at around £1500 (I think) for a complete bike.

f

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pumpkin the robot
After what seems an age, I finally got the bike road worthy and yeterday was the first commute to work. I guess as this is the wet weather bike, it had to rain on the inaugral ride.
I had a problem fitting the wheels. The site I got them from had them down as 135mm QR, where as they were 12mm through axles 142mm rear. In the end as I liked the wheels, and they were cheap I decided the best course of action was to take 3.5mm off each end of the rear wheel end caps and machine spacers up to take QR skewers. Bleeding the brakes was not as simple as all the youtube videos make out, so in the end I did them as I would a motorcycle disc brake, and everything was fine after that.
I now need to fit the mudguards and maybe the rack on the rear and it is ready for the abuse that will be thrown at it until next summer.

3ODPma4.jpg

2oJmIJm.jpg

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
After what seems an age, I finally got the bike road worthy and yeterday was the first commute to work. I guess as this is the wet weather bike, it had to rain on the inaugral ride.
I had a problem fitting the wheels. The site I got them from had them down as 135mm QR, where as they were 12mm through axles 142mm rear. In the end as I liked the wheels, and they were cheap I decided the best course of action was to take 3.5mm off each end of the rear wheel end caps and machine spacers up to take QR skewers. Bleeding the brakes was not as simple as all the youtube videos make out, so in the end I did them as I would a motorcycle disc brake, and everything was fine after that.
I now need to fit the mudguards and maybe the rack on the rear and it is ready for the abuse that will be thrown at it until next summer.

View attachment 435731

View attachment 435732

Really nice looking piece of kit. :thumbsup:

Paulq

Bike Rider, Beer Drinker, Biscuit Eater.
Surprised no-one has mentioned the Focus Paralane yet.

Discs, alu or carbon, choice of groups and the neatest mudguard system I've seen as a standard fitment.

Prices start at around £1500 (I think) for a complete bike.

f

That looks like a really nice bike and I am a big fan of Focus bikes in general. I may be after something to get me fit and use as an occasional commuter but it needs to be pretty upright as I have a chronic neck problem. I am hesitating between a 'roadie' type bike or another hybrid like the Cube Cross Pro.

Anyone any experience of the Focus in terms of how relaxed it is?

Thank you.

Top Bottom