all packed and ready to go...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyh

Veteran
I leave in the morning for a 120 mile ride up to London, then Sunday do the London to Brighton 'walk' and then ride back up to London, before another 120 miles back on Monday - so approx 350 miles over three days.

The bike is good to go - using the Carrera Virtuoso with a rack fitted - didnt have the heart to put a rack on the Trek :thumbsup:, the Edge 605 has my route ready to rock, and the trunk bag is packed with a few essentials.

It'll be the first 100 miler I have done, 80 being the previous best, so it is going to be a voyage of discovery.

If anyone doing the London to Brighton sees a bloke in the gutter rocking back and forth teary eyed, with a Carrera led next to him, any words of encouragement will be most welcomed... along with pain killers! :thumbsup:

Have a good weekend all :tongue:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
:bravo:some good mileage there mate, good luck to ya...

PaulB

Legendary Member
Good luck with that, Johnnyh. I'll be thinking of you while I'm on my coast to coast. To be honest, yours sounds a tad more energetic!

browny

Veteran
good luck
in your journey

Helly79

Good luck and a have a safe ride some of my colleagues are doing the london to brighton 50 but I was too late to sign up may be next year

OP
OP
johnnyh

johnnyh

Veteran
Hi all,

Well I made it, although yesterday was tough going for the last 40 miles.

Having not done a 100 miles before it was a learning curve, and I found that I am happy to about 75 miles, then I struggle a few, then I hit another barrier around 105 miles, but then I am fine again by 110.

I only averaged about 15.5 mph yesterday, but I did keep up 20 to 25 mph for the last 10 miles - probably the body being spurred on by familiar roads and the thought of home.

It was a great experience, although now I intend to settle into doing some rather shorter 10 mile TT's and see how I get on.

Next year will see another long ride, but not this side of Christmas :welcome:

Top Bottom