All riders-velodrome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Christopher

Über Member
cheers Young Un - I'll bring my helmet then, it would be annoying if I had to sit out for lack of one
interesting they don't allow Michelin tyres - and watch those bodily fluids people... :rofl:

RedBike

Track mits must be worn and two layers above the waist!!

I hope 'any' fingerless gloves will do.

I'm going to boil alive with two layers on. I take it a set of bib shorts and a jersey doesn't count as two!
Whats everyone else wearing?

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
I only wore fingerless gloves when I went to a taster session, and a ss jersey... no-one complained/reprimanded me. It was bloody hot in there too - even with just this (and shorts etc.!) on.

Young Un

I tend to wear a ss jersey combined with a ss base layer, but then, only because I have seen what happens when you slide down from the top of the track with only one layer onxx(

Oh, fingerless gloves are fine, as are shorts

Christopher

Über Member
I'll have a shortsleeve jersey & a high-tech Rab C Nesbitt string vest under it... given the choice, shorts would probably be better than bibs, more ventilation around the waist...

Bokonon

Über Member
Yikes! This is happening on Sunday. I'd better think about getting ready for it, like planning how I'm getting there! I presume normal road helmets are acceptable in the hat stakes? I've got one somewhere, I'll have to try and find it tomorrow.

I came to the startling realization that I am _very_ unfit when TT'ing on Wednesday evening, so I'll loiter at the back to save myself further embarrassment.

Young Un

Bokonon said:
Yikes! This is happening on Sunday. I'd better think about getting ready for it, like planning how I'm getting there! I presume normal road helmets are acceptable in the hat stakes? I've got one somewhere, I'll have to try and find it tomorrow.

I came to the startling realization that I am _very_ unfit when TT'ing on Wednesday evening, so I'll loiter at the back to save myself further embarrassment.

This is happening TOMORROW!!!

Young Un

Will1985 said:
It's tomorrow, not Sunday!

Great minds think a like:tongue:

Bokonon

Über Member
Crud. You're right. Maybe I shouldn't have gone to the pub at lunchtime. Thanks for pointing out my mistake Young Un and Will.

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Bokonon said:

chill guy- you won't be on your own at all. I pulled my back pretty badly last weekend and i've been hunched over in the car all week. Good job it's fun as well as hard work!

colly

Re member eR
Bokonon said:
like planning how I'm getting there!

If you are in Leeds tomorrow I can give you a lift.

I'm planning on getting there about 12 ish. so I suppose 11 o clock set off would be about right.

Just remembered I think I have your mobile number. I'll text you.

Bokonon

Über Member
Thanks colly.

I now have the right day and have transport sorted. I love it when a plan comes together :colsmith:

Top Bottom