All riders-velodrome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oh, and Cheadle very nearly got an earful on Allan Turing way...... cycling along, minding my own business.....some bloke in an open top sports car shouts......"Get in the cycle lane !"............."Fu...............ah very funny ha...ha....see you later....." - blooming Cheadle wasn't it......:biggrin:

colly

Re member eR
Great afternoons fun and games! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Who is up for the next time ??

Thanks a lot Dan for sorting it out.

Looking forward to seeing some photos.

Will1985

Über Member
colly said:
Me!

That was a brilliant afternoon well spent, even if the weather was as good as we've had it all year!
Already started thinking about what track bike to get, and that the Midlands really should have an indoor velodrome.

Thanks to Young Un's dad for doing the driving.

Can't wait for the photos...

longers

Legendary Member
colly said:

Tony, Lex and myself are all up for next time :smile:
We should be able to get another friend down too who would have been there this time if not for being on holiday.

10 on 10 for organising it Dan :bravo:

Good to see you all :becool:
Thanks for a great couple of hours.

longers

Legendary Member
mknash said:
Hi all,

Just joined the group this morning before coming to play with you at the velodrome. Was a great time out and I look forward to the future meets.

Thanks again, I hope to speak to you all more over time.

Hello mknash, were you in blue today?

:bravo:

mknash

Yup, I was in blue top and ponytail.. Conspicuous for my distinct shortage of lycra shorts (though i now know why they're so popular among cyclists).

Bokonon

Über Member
I'll be along to the next one! That was a most excellent way to spend two hours on a Saturday afternoon. Big thanks again to Dan for organising it all, and thanks to colly for getting me there.

fossyant

I really enjoyed it, and I think we'd all get even more out of it a second time. The through and off race was interesting - you need to fill any gap if you want to keep in touch with the front - that's the hard bit.

I'm well up for another coaching session.

If anyone's scared about coming, don't be - it was dead friendly, very chilled and a few jokes shared, especially as I nearly took Dan out - I went too quick into the back of the leading riders, then banked up to lose speed - Dan was right behind me and nearly took out his wheel....sorry mate........

It's great using the banking - scary at first, but you swoop down to get an instant speed increase...., then climb back up (yep it's hard), then swoop down again....

montage

God Almighty
My calshot experience was pretty awesome - but if I'm ever in a through and off with plebs that slow down for every straight again then I'll have to whip out an Uzi or something similar. Same goes for the plebs who decide when it is their turn at the front "I'll show everybody how fit I am" and goes into TT mode making it difficult to catch on at the back again.

I may journey up for a manchester booking - I'd have to try and coincide it with a visit to manchester Uni though :bravo:

fossyant

Will1985 said:
I think I took it easy for most of it today - just those last 5 laps at the end of the through and off race :bravo:

Ha..very funny young wipper snapper....I think I went to hard doing the intervals..........

All good training though ! :becool:

Top Bottom