All riders-velodrome

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
fossyant said:
Oh, and Cheadle very nearly got an earful on Allan Turing way...... cycling along, minding my own business.....some bloke in an open top sports car shouts......"Get in the cycle lane !"............."Fu...............ah very funny ha...ha....see you later....." - blooming Cheadle wasn't it......:bravo:

hee hee... gotcha Fossy!!

What do you mean "nearly" got an earful, I distinctly heard an F followed by an Off!! before you realised!!!:becool::biggrin:

9/10 for the comeback though, direct and to the point!!

Nice to meet people, thanks Dan.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
cheadle hulme said:
hee hee... gotcha Fossy!!

What do you mean "nearly" got an earful, I distinctly heard an F followed by an Off!! before you realised!!!:becool::biggrin:

Oops :bravo: :smile:;)

trio25

Über Member
Great couple of hours guys!

I got told off on the way home, Ali says I can go faster - I am not so sure.

When is the next one! It was so much fun doing something structured like that!

fossyant

You can go quicker Trio.... you and Ali certainly have some talent there - don't know how old you both are, but from an old git, you have some speed.

Apologise for me sticking behind Ali on the race bit - for a lap-I'd pulled off front, gone to get a gap, but left one (me not trying to scare folk) then got a second and had to blooming well chase.... that was interesting....... through and off is loads easier on the road with well drilled club mates...... it's a different kettle of fish on track, no brakes, and you don't know the riding style of folk.....

Was great fun - huge learning curve.... but I think it will be loads better for the less experienced riders next time, especially as it's with 'like minded folk' - i.e. no-one is out to kill you, or ride dangerously - which you can get !

fossyant

PS - Can I have the prize for the rider who 'mis-placed' his bike the most...... and had the most easy to remember number.....1-23.......FFS...... :smile: Ali witnessed most of them, then she forgot where her bike was....:bravo: Memory is not my strong point....hence my bikes are all 'bright colour schemes'.....:blush:

Sorry to rider 1-22 - jumped on it at one point and rode it 10 feet - felt like my legs were being pulled off.....too big..... ! :becool:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
A cracking day, cheers for organising it Dan. I'm up for another go - especially as I got second place on the (almost) flying sprint lap... wasn't expecting that! :becool:

Cheers to Will for the loan of some rather nice shoes, I owe you a beer for that... but then you may have lost it by beating me in the sprint. :smile:;)

As for the interval training... f*** me! If that was 3 minutes I'd hate to see one of the Coach's boiled eggs! Fair near killed me, that! :bravo:

fossyant

Sh4rkyBloke said:
A cracking day, cheers for organising it Dan. I'm up for another go - especially as I got second place on the (almost) flying sprint lap... wasn't expecting that! :bravo:

Git..............:becool::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
:becool:

19.22 secs... read it and weep Fossyboy! :bravo:;)

I make it (with some quick, and possibly dodgy, maths) to be an average speed of 29.27 mph.

Pretty chuffed with that... looks like the spokey dokes on your bike did the trick nicely. :smile:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Sorted some b&w piccies - didn't get chance to take many though as the sadistic Coach was keen to keep us all out of breath...

IMG_0118.JPG

IMG_0113.JPG

IMG_0119.JPG

IMG_0124.JPG

IMG_0134.JPG

IMG_0143.JPG

IMG_0159.JPG

The group split into two smaller groups of those who had been on the track, and those who hadn't - so I only have photos of those in the other group than the one I was in.

As has been said, Young Un's Dad took more photos as he was spectating so hopefully he'll have a more inclusive range of shots/people/faces of pain. :biggrin:

Great day, I'd recommend it to anyone!

Will1985

Über Member
Sh4rkyBloke said:
:cheers:

19.22 secs... read it and weep Fossyboy! :biggrin:;)

I make it (with some quick, and possibly dodgy, maths) to be an average speed of 29.27 mph.

Pretty chuffed with that... looks like the spokey dokes on your bike did the trick nicely. :hyper:

That's about right - 47.58km/h or 29.56mph for me (18.92s).
Gearing was 50x16, approx 84". That makes an average cadence of ~120, so crossing the line it was probably closer to 130/140.

longers

Legendary Member
The coach said about the distance round the track when following the different lines was something like:-

Black : Two Fifty metres

Red : Two Sixty metres

and Blue : Two hundred and eighty five metres.

Unless I misheard him. Possible.

Is that right?

Will1985

Über Member
longers said:
The coach said about the distance round the track when following the different lines was something like:-

Black : Two Fifty metres

Red : Two Sixty metres

and Blue : Two hundred and eighty five metres.

Unless I misheard him. Possible.

Is that right?
Correct

Top Bottom