All Seasons Emoto Electric BIke

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
you could deflate the tyre - push the valve in a bit - attach the adapter and then re-inflate

not ideal - but might work

That might enable him to get one of the extenders on which could be left in place permanently.

Care would be needed riding close to kerbs to avoid ripping off the extender.

Alfie01staffy

I have one of these, it is great.

It has a twist throttle AND pedals. If you peddle (ie feet going round, no pressure needed) you don't use the throttle at all, max speed under motor power 15mph. But you can also keep the pedals stationary and use the throttle, and this is where the "secret switch" comes in (actually on mine a connector joining two wires that you can disconnect). With the connector disconnected max throttle speed is again 15mph, with it connected it is slower. The third way you can use it is to put your feet up on the footboard once you are in motion, and the pedals will go round on their own, so you don't need to use the pedals or the throttle! (Cuts out when you brake!)

Although it is possible to pedal it, you wouldn't want to - you are not in a good pedalling position, there are no gears, and the thing weighs about 40kg. It is definitely pushing the boundaries of what a bicycle is, but none the worse for that IMO. I feel safer on it than on my push bike - it feels more solid, has mirrors, indicators, a brake light and great headlight, a horn, and full suspension and fat tyres for all the potholes around here. The brakes are better than anything I've ever experienced on a bike - the motor is used in reverse when possible so are very sharp and unaffected by wet, and the mechanical brakes when it needs them are enclosed drum brakes. It is not fast - I have been overtaken by a push bike cyclist before, but also catch up other cyclists occasionally, so about cycling average I suppose.

If you are a young fit cycling enthusiast with all the gear it probably would not interest you. But if you are like me, getting on a bit, have achy joints sometimes, just use a bike to get around locally, it is great for nipping to the local shops or station, and easily patked. I use ordinary cycle locks with it, althoigh it has a remote keyfob and alarm!
I've just bought my bf one of these but it loses power hills ,anyone every put a more powerful battery in to speed it up please or give it power up hills ,otherwise it's going to be no good .Any advice welcome .TIA

CXRAndy

Guru
I've just bought my bf one of these but it loses power hills ,anyone every put a more powerful battery in to speed it up please or give it power up hills ,otherwise it's going to be no good .Any advice welcome .TIA

A greater Ampere hour battery wont make the motor more powerful neither will getting a battery with more Voltage- that will just burn out the controller and motor windings. The bike will go further with a larger Ampere hour battery, but no faster or powerful.

It requires ( if it possible) the controller reprogramming to be able to use more current (Amps) or greater Voltage.

Alfie01staffy

A greater Ampere hour battery wont make the motor more powerful neither will getting a battery with more Voltage- that will just burn out the controller and motor windings. The bike will go further with a larger Ampere hour battery, but no faster or powerful.

It requires ( if it possible) the controller reprogramming to be able to use more current (Amps) or greater Voltage.
Thanks for your advice

shingwell

It already has the maximum power motor allowed by the e-bike laws, any more powerful and it would be classed as a motorbike and you would need appropriate driving licence, annual MOT, insurance, road tax, protective gear.

Other more conventional looking e-bikes are usually a bit lighter, but they do slow on hills too (I have both, and they both "give up" on a really long steep hill at about the same point. A conventional e-bike is better suited to adding pedal power, but less comfortable when you don't.)

Alfie01staffy

It already has the maximum power motor allowed by the e-bike laws, any more powerful and it would be classed as a motorbike and you would need appropriate driving licence, annual MOT, insurance, road tax, protective gear.

Other more conventional looking e-bikes are usually a bit lighter, but they do slow on hills too (I have both, and they both "give up" on a really long steep hill at about the same point. A conventional e-bike is better suited to adding pedal power, but less comfortable when you don't.)
Thankyou yes will have to sell as it's just not suitable for what he would use use it for

Top Bottom