All Systems Go

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norry1

Legendary Member
So, brother and me have now fixed the dates, booked leave, sorting routes and B&Bs and got the website up and running.

We are doing LEJOG starting on 22nd April and finishing on 5th May. We're loosely following the route in the book by Simon Brown, which avoids most main roads.

Feel free to have a look at our website, give us any constructive advice and criticism, and even bung a charitable donation in.

http://norrybroslejog.weebly.com/

Cheers

Martin (and Ian)

Garz

Squat Member
Best of luck Norry!

Nozzer

All systems are go!! Feeling very real now! Looking forward to the challange though. The sufferfest is getting a pounding!

Barbelier

All systems are go!! Feeling very real now! Looking forward to the challange though. The sufferfest is getting a pounding!
The very best of luck.
I remember the feeling when I did it September as the day got nearer and the nerves built up. Being driven into London to catch the sleeper train was the worse point and I was really anxious and thinking "What on earth am I doing?!" But the moment I open the window blind on the sleeper in the morning and saw the scenery my spirits lifted and as soon as I started cycling from Thurso station to JOG the nerves immediately disappeared and I started to really enjoy it. An amazing experience and I hope you both have a great time.

The very best of luck.
I remember the feeling when I did it September as the day got nearer and the nerves built up. Being driven into London to catch the sleeper train was the worse point and I was really anxious and thinking "What on earth am I doing?!" But the moment I open the window blind on the sleeper in the morning and saw the scenery my spirits lifted and as soon as I started cycling from Thurso station to JOG the nerves immediately disappeared and I started to really enjoy it. An amazing experience and I hope you both have a great time.

You where not on the 21:15 Sleeper on the 7th of September by any chance heading for inverness?

Christkd

Good luck guys!! Myself and 5 others are doing the same 2 weeks before you, the day you start is the day we come home!!!
I'll keep checking your website, looks good!
One of our guys is doing it on a Secteur Elite too! Myself and a mate have Secteur Comps, one on a Kona and one on a Trek!

Good luck with the training, I've been doing Elite spin classes to supplement my normal training, one hour of out of the seat climbing and sprint work, hard work but great training!

All the best

Chris

Barbelier

You where not on the 21:15 Sleeper on the 7th of September by any chance heading for inverness?
I caught to the 21:15 sleeper to Inverness but 2 days later on the 9th!

Reading all the posts from those planning their 2011 LEJOG/JOGLE makes me wish I was doing it all again (it would be so much easier 2nd time round :tongue: ).

However, I have got several short and longer tours planned this year including a 2 week Highlands & Islands tour to spend more time visiting the more spectacular parts of Scotland. So I'll most probably be back on the sleeper again enjoying those luxurious bunk beds!

I caught to the 21:15 sleeper to Inverness but 2 days later on the 9th!

Reading all the posts from those planning their 2011 LEJOG/JOGLE makes me wish I was doing it all again (it would be so much easier 2nd time round :tongue: ).

However, I have got several short and longer tours planned this year including a 2 week Highlands & Islands tour to spend more time visiting the more spectacular parts of Scotland. So I'll most probably be back on the sleeper again enjoying those luxurious bunk beds!

I went up not to do the JOG route, but from Inverness bus station I caught the Bike Bus to Durness, then meanered South to Carlise before coming home on a virgin train. I choose a route which was both rough Landrover tracks and in the most part minor roads and NCN 1, NCN 7 and NCN 77, I had wanted to ride the Graick Pass but so much rain I was told the River was in spate and would be dodgy to attempt to Cross.

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Less than 6 weeks now. Training is going pretty well and last night I finally fitted the rack and panniers. I've gone for the Topeak Super Tourist DX Rack and Ortlieb Back-Roller Classic panniers. Not the sexiest looking set-up, but hopefully effective :smile: Pics below:

The Rack:

gallery_11031_136_21551.jpg

The Panniers:

gallery_11031_136_94385.jpg

Martin

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Good Luck Norry

I read all the LEJOG posts with envy, It's something i've alawys wanted to do, alas on every occasion I have thought I could attempt it, life threw something in my way
But I now have 5 weeks free this summer...who knows..?

hambones

Good luck Norry.

What time are you setting out on the Friday as that's when me and my 2 mates start our own LeJog?

I think we hope to be setting off at around 7.30 but it depends on how many beers we have the night before!

I suspect it will be quite busy that morning. . .

Top Bottom