All Systems Go

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wintonbina

Über Member
Good Luck guys, just remember what Lance Armstrong quoted (and my 'mates' keep reminding me 'cos I'm pushing on I'm 54 :wacko: we're off in 10 weeks!) "Pain is temporary, quitting is forever" Use it as a stimulant! Tony

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Good luck Norry.

What time are you setting out on the Friday as that's when me and my 2 mates start our own LeJog?

I think we hope to be setting off at around 7.30 but it depends on how many beers we have the night before!

I suspect it will be quite busy that morning. . .

Why so early? Are you doing high mileage?

Which way are you going? We're starting along the B3315

Martin

hambones

Why so early? Are you doing high mileage?

Which way are you going? We're starting along the B3315

Martin

We're going along the B3315 also, although at that hour the A30 will probably be quite empty so we might take that to Penzance and then pick up our planned route.

We're doing around 93 miles first day finishing at Tavistock. It's going to be an real eyeopener for my ride buddies though as that is more mileage in a day than they have done in a week with their training!!! :laugh:

Rebel Ian

Ah, we're doing about 65 miles, finishing in Lostwithiel.

We'll keep an eye out for you.

Martin

When are you setting off? Our first day finishes in Lostwithiel also! From there we go straight across Dartmoor to Exeter. Day 2 is going to be horrid!!

We're setting off on Sunday 3rd July.

Just seen your web page - you're off a few weeks before us. Bon chance and it would be good to chat after you've returned to pick up on your experience and any tips.

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
When are you setting off? Our first day finishes in Lostwithiel also! From there we go straight across Dartmoor to Exeter. Day 2 is going to be horrid!!

We're setting off on Sunday 3rd July.

Just seen your web page - you're off a few weeks before us. Bon chance and it would be good to chat after you've returned to pick up on your experience and any tips.

Feel free to drop us a line afterwards and we'll happily give you any help we can.

Martin

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Well, we are at the start of day 2, looking out the window of our B&B in Lostwithiel at the misty (big) hills agead of us. Yesterday was tough - much tougher than we expected, and today will be tougher :wacko:

But it is great and I am really enjoying it.

We are blogging daily if anyone wants to share our pain! Feel free to post mocking comments.

Martin

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
Good Lucks Guys, have a great ride, enjoy the scenery & stay safe xxx
Oh yeah.... and I am sooooo jealous.. *Next year i'll do it, I will, I promise*

Good Luck guys, just remember what Lance Armstrong quoted (and my 'mates' keep reminding me 'cos I'm pushing on I'm 54 :wacko: we're off in 10 weeks!) "Pain is temporary, quitting is forever" Use it as a stimulant! Tony

My Sensei has a similar saying, when we are grimacing in agony & he's asking us to hold our Sumo stance for one more minute, he'll smile with a sadistic twinkle in his eye & say " Pain is just weakness leaving your body, Suck it up! "

hambones

Hi Martin, how are you getting on? I suspect I might have seen you and your brother at the start - we didn't set off til gone 9 in the end. Infact we never set off before 8.30 on any day (10.30 was the latest!) despite our best intentions. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Hi Martin, how are you getting on? I suspect I might have seen you and your brother at the start - we didn't set off til gone 9 in the end. Infact we never set off before 8.30 on any day (10.30 was the latest!) despite our best intentions. :rolleyes:

That's spooky - this is the first time I've plugged into Cyclechat for a few days and your post pops up.

We're doing good. We've done 810 miles so far and are in Spean Bridge tonight. It has been awesome. Blog address is below if you are interested.

Land's End looked like a cyclist convention when we got there
biggrin.gif

How did you get on?

Martin

hambones

Yes, Land's End was very crowded when we got there!

It was a great experience and we blogged it here: http://lands2groats.spruz.com/blog.htm

We've more pictures to add and will also have a piece on where we stayed as some of them were excellent.

The things that surprised me the most were how relatively flat the Highlands are :smile: and how 2 people with fewer than 500 miles in their legs each as training coped with 100 a day for 10 days (although not without their fair share of suffering).

OP
OP
Norry1

Norry1

Legendary Member
Well, just to finish this off - this was a brilliant 2 weeks. I'd highly recommend it to anyone. I'd also recommend the route we did, as although over 1,000 miles the roads and scenery were absolutely great.

Martin

Top Bottom