Alleycat Messenger Race Frankfurt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pembo

Hey guys,
So I recently got more into distance cycling and I am starting to take it a little more seriously. I decided a week ago to take part in some races this weekend coming, it is an Alleycat series of races. Today is a real Alleycat through the city from checkpoint to check point with no set route. Then tomorrow is similar to this with the checkpoints but we will be doing 130km (or 80 miles) which will be the furthest I have ever cycled! I wondered if anyone had some last minute tips for me? Obviously I know to take tools and food. But are there any food secrets I wouldn't know I will eat tuna pasta tomorrow morning before the big event to ensure a good amount of energy and take bananas with me to keep the levels up. I heard about peanut butter... but I hate that s**t!

And finally on sunday we will be cycling to Darmstadt 35km away from the start point to go to a velodrome there and have a little party!
Thought some people may find this interesting and thought I may aswell share!
Thanks,
Josh

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Flapjacks!
And eat before you are hungry, drink before you are thirsty. Drinking is just as important as eating.
Good luck!

OP
OP
P

Pembo

I think I will take some gum on the longer ride, I have a tendency to get a dry mouth when riding, which is very annoying!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
[QUOTE 2636916, member: 30090"]Well yeah. I banged one out last night.

Enjoy the experience pembo and dont get roped into too much to the messenger ting.[/quote]

I am not kidding, all the work the backbone of British cycling (i.e. the club structure) does to keep the authorities on side to be able to race safely on the roads with police support etc, and you get gangs of pricks on fixies riding like utter cocks in these daft unsanctioned alleycat races...........

The op is not in the UK, but my point stands!

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
I am not kidding, all the work the backbone of British cycling (i.e. the club structure) does to keep the authorities on side to be able to race safely on the roads with police support etc, and you get gangs of pricks on fixies riding like utter cocks in these daft unsanctioned alleycat races...........

The op is not in the UK, but my point stands!
But wouldn't your point have been so much easier to understand if you had said this ^ to start with, instead of referring to activities normally conducted in private? :becool:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
But wouldn't your point have been so much easier to understand if you had said this ^ to start with, instead of referring to activities normally conducted in private? :becool:

It might have been!

OP
OP
P

Pembo

I understand the hatred for this, the race on Friday was awesome though, it was at night so not many people around and the city was quiet, we had a list of checkpoints we hd to do with challenges like playing an instrument for a minute and going down a slide on a playground, collecting numbers and words. It was a great rush and nobody was hurt obviously!! There is a lot of hate on the scene, especially from those videos in NYC and London, but not all the races are the same as that!
I went on to fail at the long distance race after a week of overdoing it my legs gave up, need to work on my damn fitness!!!
And on a final note there is no need to be so negative about things! Life is short and you should live it! (queue the "It'll be even shorter if you take part in these races" comments...)

OP
OP
P

Pembo

But will you be jumping lights?

Only jumping lights if it is safe, as I usually do anyway, this is the city. The laws are different here anyway, the police don't chase you down for skipping red lights on a bicycle.

Top Bottom