Almost came a cropper

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Cycling home from work this morning, and I felt my shoe lace get caught in my crank. For a split second I forgot I was on my fixie, and tried to stop pedalling to unclip & clear it. Almost got thrown off for my troubles, but luckily the lace then snapped. :ohmy::blush:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I spend my life telling cyclists to tie up their laces ... its one of my bug bears after having to pick up someone off the road who was firmly attatched to their pedal.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I have had that problem (although not on a fixie) a few time, now I always try to remember to tuck the loose ends under the cross lacing on the shoe (if that makes any sense).

Mr Pig

When I was a kid I had two cool things. One was a purple MkII Chopper and the other was a seven-foot long Dr Who scarf my mum knitted for me! :0)

You know what's coming don't you? Happily peddling along one day the effort required started to increase. Then I felt a tug on my neck! My poor scarf was mangled round the back gear wheel. No risk of injury but I was disappointed about my scarf :0(

Keith Oates

Janner
yorkshiregoth said:
Cycling home from work this morning, and I felt my shoe lace get caught in my crank. For a split second I forgot I was on my fixie, and tried to stop pedalling to unclip & clear it. Almost got thrown off for my troubles, but luckily the lace then snapped. :wacko::blush:

You were lucky the lace broke as staying on a fixie when you stop peddaling is not easy, I know because many years ago I ended up going over the handlebars and had the scars to prove it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Eighth Man

No laces on my cycling shoes !!

Gandalf

Veteran
I used to have that problem before I started using Lock-Laces. Highly recommended.

I know most cycling shoes don't have laces these days but my Lidl SPDs do as it happens.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
There was a kid on a Penny Farthing today who tried to show off(i think) and stopped peddling and went over the handlebars, taking the bike with him. I knew it was going to be done by someone.:biggrin:

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
I remember in the 70's my flared trousers getting caught in the chain but can't say I've had any shoelace problems whilst biking.

davidtq

Gandalf said:
I used to have that problem before I started using Lock-Laces. Highly recommended.

I know most cycling shoes don't have laces these days but my Lidl SPDs do as it happens.

If they are the same lidl spd shoes as I use dont they have the velcro bit at the top? tuck the laces into that when you close it to guarantee no chance of laces coming into contact with anything but the shoe :biggrin:

Top Bottom