Almost flattened by an Overfinch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lisa21

Mooching.............
We should start a petiton to allow all cyclists to carry a stinger like the police do..........................:eek:

Crackle said:
Ugh! :eek: It's a Barryboy Range Rover then?

you could say that as one aspect is big wheels and a body kit

they also do performance tuning and altering the suspension to give good responsive handling on road (at the expense of the off road ability)

as the OP has pointed out, they are often driven by complete nobs.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Won't be hard to spot next time. If you have a distinctive car, don't drive like a nob...

fossyant said:
Won't be hard to spot next time. If you have a distinctive car, don't drive like a nob...

Also, if you've got your phone number on your car don't drive like a nob, as the bloke who cut me up on the motorway discovered when I rang him to ask him why he'd just done that. As I was behind him, I also questioned him about not having a hands free kit. :eek:

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Crackle said:
Also, if you've got your phone number on your car don't drive like a nob, as the bloke who cut me up on the motorway discovered when I rang him to ask him why he'd just done that. As I was behind him, I also questioned him about not having a hands free kit. :biggrin:
:biggrin::biggrin: Nice... you should have told him you were filming him on the phone too, and then waved at him in his rear view. :biggrin:

User3094 said:
Nice motor - prefer the Kahn modification though - more 'stealth' looking IMO.

I think that's all the condemnation it needs really.

Bought the camera yet Smeggo, you slacker?

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
I've just walked along the pavement a couple of streets from the office, and a white Overfinch Range Rover came blasting out of a hidden car park and right at me across the pavement. When he realised I wasn't going to jump out of his way he slammed his brakes on, then floored it again the second he had a gap wide enough to dive past me and onto the road, giving me a manly stare as he passed..

I gave him the opportunity to stop and have a chat, but he was more interested in maintaining 10mpg as he shot off up the road in the ridiculous machine.

Ah ... sounds like he has something to prove to the world!

Whenever I meet people like that, I am mindful of The Wizard of Oz ... do you remember, when Dorothy reaches the Emerald City and finally meets the Wizard ... behind the huge mask and lights and smoke, etc ... there's a little old man on a stool operating levers ...

So inside that big, white tank that tried to run you over was a showy, aggressive man ... with nothing inside.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
Hah!

I just looked up the Range Rover Overfinch on Parkers ...

It is the biggest, ugliest, most pretentious and unnecessary pile of crap I have ever seen!

17 miles per gallon (I kid ye not).

Cost new is £60,000.

... and they only do it in an automatic! It truly is a car for people who can't drive properly ;o)

The fact that it's automatic is priceless ... if you ever meet anyone again who brags that they have one, just say, "Ah, I see you went for an automatic rather than a manual. What a shame that you can't drive properly, perhaps you'll learn someday" :biggrin:

mangaman

Bigtwin said:
Bloody awful website - operates at the mental pace of those that buy them I assume.

I was about to post exactly the same thing. Crappy, grey, slow - it took about 5 minutes to get a picture of of an "Overfinch" - then I wished it hadn't

Still at least I now know the strapline

"OVERFINCH
The ultimate expression of the Range Rover Icon"

Is that actually English?

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Crackle said:
Also, if you've got your phone number on your car don't drive like a nob, as the bloke who cut me up on the motorway discovered when I rang him to ask him why he'd just done that. As I was behind him, I also questioned him about not having a hands free kit. :biggrin:
potd! Chapeau!

I tried the link. Kaspersky wouldn't have it!

Top Bottom