Almost got cleared up outside my house.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MickyMickster

I was cycling along my road when a van come the other way and swung right over to my side of the road so he could pull into a driveway.I had to mount the path to avoid being hit.I despair sometimes.The cold hard facts of the matter are,cycling on roads is not safe.We shouldn't be sharing roads with cars,let alone 40 ton lorries.Its crazy to think we are inches from death everytime we go for a ride.Everytime you hear a vehicle approaching thinking have they seen me.I love cycling.and am not going to stop,but I do worry for each and everyone of us.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Don't worry. It's character building.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sorry to hear about your incident, but the fact is that cycling is safe on the roads. You only have to see the many of millions of miles undertaken by cyclists without any incident. We are certainly not inches from death every time we go cycling.
We should be sharing the roads without hassle from anyone. Motorists should know and understand that. Some motorists definitely need educating, but the vast majority of motorists on the whole are safe, careful, thoughtful drivers.

fullcycle

It's just a case of anticipating every car doing something erratic and dangerous, a lot of them don't but it helps you keep 1 step ahead of the ones that do

Top Bottom