Almost hit head on at roughly 65mph

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
These are the ones I find the scariest - I've had two that spring to mind, one coming towards a roundabout in France (driver acknowledged his mistake by his expression when he saw me after his idiotic manoeuvre), and one on the A30 in Somerset - combined speed would have been about 85mph, and left about 2ft spare as I veered towards the side of the road. If I see someone overtaking towards me, and have time, I'll indicate/point right while staying over to the left, in the hope it might make me more visible to the idiotic/careless overtaker.

I see your roads are as good as ours, potholes badly filled in and white lines that haven't been painted in a decade. Unfortunately this type of incident is all too common had a couple myself not unlike it.

Gains84

I get that on my commute, twice last week in fact, first gave me the v's as I ducked into the gutter to save myself the second the hands up apology as if that helps calm you down from a near death experience.
Starting to think a spare bottle filled with old fish water to spray at them or a handful of stones may tempt them to not do it again.

jnrmczip

What a complete backside not only did he nearly kill you. Doubt he even seen you and if he did to late he could have even killed the people in the other car too. Simply no need for it. And he should be far more aware behind the wheel.

Crankarm

Guru
The canute was wearing a hi-vis gilet as well. Get this footage to your local plod who will probably do nothing.

Any one done a check to see if the car has insurance, MOT and tax?

Your experience was strikingly similar to this one although the cyclist Mark Robinson was killed out right as he was driven into head on at 70mph by complete w****r Matthew Rice.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Hun...Killer-driver-is-sued-by-father-of-victim.htm

Last edited:
Top Bottom