England : Norfolk Almost the shortest night, night ride round the coast - 23rd May

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User10571

Wish I was in this - but Whitstable beckons with a previous, this weekend.
The more I think about it the more it makes me wince to be not doing it.....
I hope you all have fab ride - under Adam's guidance, I'm sure it'll be exactly that.

Wobbly John

Veteran
You will be missed User10571. :cry:

Weather forecast is an 'againsterly' wind, probably rain and there's been heavy enough showers today to wash p*nct*r* flints out onto the road.

It'll be a b*gg*r

See y'all midnight tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
You will be missed User10571. :cry:

Weather forecast is an 'againsterly' wind, probably rain and there's been heavy enough showers today to wash p*nct*r* flints out onto the road.

It'll be a b*gg*r

See y'all midnight tomorrow. :thumbsup:

The Norwegians are much more positive.
http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Cromer/hour_by_hour_detailed.html
Other locations are available. :smile:

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
That was a long ride! 105 or 106 miles in the end due to having to make detours. No traffic really out in the sticks so we just pedalled away through the night. A few rolling bits and a lovely red sky which slowly brightened from about 2:20 am onwards. Eddie and I arrived in Lowestoft just after 9 and had breakfast in Wetherspoons, whilst John turned back at the Suffolk border to head for home before the heavy rain hit. The last 2 miles were in torrential rain. Before then there'd only been some drizzle. All good fun though.

PS Sorry Eddie & John for the comedy off road sections.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Comedy off road? Isn't that in Ride Organiser's Rules? :smile:

Glad you had a good time- Nine Inch Nails show was excellent, though getting there wasn't. On way to station the first time, SMIDSY left hook by Yellow Van Man (torn jeans and bruised shin the result). Get on train. Open bag to put my lights in, find I have forgotten the lock. Get off at next stop, ride home (seven miles as it's the faster service), get patched up, down to the station again. There were already delays due to someone being hit by a train at Woking, but now someone else had got hit at Godalming. Everything on the SW network delayed. Got a train via Winchester (the longer way round), but it was held up due to trains being rerouted. Didn't get in to Waterloo till 1930, route I ended up taking east went via Thames Path (oh dear...not going that way again). I finally got into the arena to see the support go off. NIN were great and the ride back to Waterloo thankfully much speedier, no bother making the last train. And I stayed dry :smile:

Top Bottom