Alternative to shimano single sided spd pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Its amazing i ask a simple question and its like im asking for the end of the rainbow.
FYI
i have and still ride dual sided pedals for commuting, i have in the past ridden spd sl too.The nice non commuting bikes i like to have single sided spd and the pedals i like for the the A520/A600 are getting hard to find .
The review of the new ES600 did mention a few issues so i was looking for alternatives but apparently those issues are not a problem so i might consider them when i need to buy a new pair .
I was really after recommendations for other brand version like the aforementioned a520/a600 but it seems the alternatives are no better .
Thank you all for the input

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
A platform doesn't do anything on an spd, I'd be surprised if your shoes even touch it.
The pedal in the photo below is in my hand, but the flats on the pedal were not worn by my hand! :okay:

flats worn on pedal.jpg

PS Yes - the pedal IS filthy!! :laugh: (I didn't clean the pedals after some mucky rides, then moved them to my turbo bike and forget about them. I would have cleaned them before donating them to cyberknight, if he'd wanted them!)

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That got me curious, so I went to my spares (junk!) drawer to check another couple of old SPD pedals! Here are a double-sided SPD platform pedal and an ancient double-sided MTB SPD pedal. Both show a lot of wear on the sides of the area under the shoe...

More worn SPD pedals.jpg

SPD shoes definitely DO touch a platform!!

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom