Alternative to shimano single sided spd pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
thanks but im not after ones with a flat on one side , its seems very hard to find an alternative
What type of pedals are you after, an explanation may help? We’ve suggested a single sided SPD but no luck with it and also suggested a double sided SPD with no luck. I’m a bit confused as to what you’re actually looking for?

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
What type of pedals are you after, an explanation may help? We’ve suggested a single sided SPD but no luck with it and also suggested a double sided SPD with no luck. I’m a bit confused as to what you’re actually looking for?

the single sided had a flat side on the other im after ones with a single side but no flat option eg
https://thecyclehub.net/shimano-a520-redals-review/

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230205-155001.png
    Screenshot_20230205-155001.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 10

Me too - there has to be something on the other side !!!

Fastpedaller

I don't understand any advantage of not having a usable 2nd side of the pedal . if it's a weight issue, the OP could use a Shimano M520 with the clip removed from one side I guess!
I remember (and used) toe clip and strap pedals for some 30 years, and wouldn't want to be without SPD's. I think the industry referring to SPD's as clipless is really confusing, especially to those who never used toeclips/straps for whom it must be totally baffling. :wacko:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I remember (and used) toe clip and strap pedals for some 30 years, and wouldn't want to be without SPD's.
A friend of mine was the same. One day she walked past a bike shop and spotted some cycling shoes that she liked the look of. There were designed for mountain bike type SPDs, so she bought SPD pedals too. It took her a couple of rides to get used to using them but she loves them. I think that she has them on all of her bikes now.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I don't understand any advantage of not having a usable 2nd side of the pedal . if it's a weight issue, the OP could use a Shimano M520 with the clip removed from one side I guess!
I remember (and used) toe clip and strap pedals for some 30 years, and wouldn't want to be without SPD's. I think the industry referring to SPD's as clipless is really confusing, especially to those who never used toeclips/straps for whom it must be totally baffling. :wacko:

the pedals i am after have a bigger platform than m520s ( which i use for commuting ) , i can do long rides on that sort of pedal but prefer the bigger platform and the weight saving the pedal style i am after especially when clocking up bigger miles

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
the pedals i am after have a bigger platform than m520s ( which i use for commuting ) , i can do long rides on that sort of pedal but prefer the bigger platform and the weight saving the pedal style i am after especially when clocking up bigger miles

- much like SPD-SL or Look Keo have larger platforms and are single sided. I use Keos in the summer and SPD (m520 clones) in the winter (as I use SPD boots in cold weather). I've also been searching for pedals like the ones cyberknight shows above, at a reasonable price. I use the minimal, tiny Wellgo single-sided SPDS (which are very light) on one bike but they can be uncomfortable on longer rides, causing hot spots with my shoes. Good luck with your search!

Top Bottom