Altura ascent jacket any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Don't worry about asking. If you don't ask you wont find out.:okay:
Altura jackets are good, I had one for years, it kept me 95% dry. Plastic keeps the rain out but expect to get a bit sweaty wet from within.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
It looks like they've sold out. I think you can order one for when more arrive. If not i'd still buy one elsewhere, they seem to come up every now and then though the sizing might be a problem, Mine's been relegated to work wear now but it still keeps me dry and also keeps the wind off me. it's been getting plenty of use recently with the crap weather we've been having!:rain:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Last post about waterproofs I swear!

Anyone know how this jacket compares to others? One reduced to 30 from 50 at my local bit can't seem to find any info apart from on halford site

Any info greatly received :smile:
http://www.halfords.com/cycling/cycling-clothing/jackets-gilets/altura-ascent-jacket

I have an Altura Blitz (I think that's what it's called) - looks the same as the one you show but without the black side panels.

Does a great job at keeping the wind and rain out - mine has pit zips to let the sweat out. I leave them permanently open.

Does that jacket have them?

If so buy it. Cheap enough that if you have an 'off' you are not going to grizzle much. Does exactly the same job as jackets costing many times more.

Top Bottom