altura panniers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bygone era

Über Member
the other day I went for a ride mixture of cycle track and farm track somewhere along the way the bracket that holds the pannier to the lowerpart of the rack came off re traced most of the route but no luck is there another way of securely fixing the pannier to the lower part of the rack I feel the adjustable bracket is poorly designed any ideas thanks.

Velcro?

I had a similar problem a year ago. I ignored it and haven't lost anything yet.

I'm not sure how rattly the pannier is because the rat trap and lock are already clattering about so I don't notice: this probably tells you more about my cycling style than anything...

the other day I went for a ride mixture of cycle track and farm track somewhere along the way the bracket that holds the pannier to the lowerpart of the rack came off re traced most of the route but no luck is there another way of securely fixing the pannier to the lower part of the rack I feel the adjustable bracket is poorly designed any ideas thanks.
Must admit I have never had an issue on my two sets of alturas tho unlike ortlieb you do of course need a tool to adjust it.
I know you said you don't like the design but if you decide to stick with it, this?

https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/luggage/altura-lower-pannier-rail-hook/

Top Bottom