Altura Peloton Progel Waterproof Gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member

Mrs M

Guru
Iv'e had a pair of Altura Progel Waterproof gloves for a couple of years.
I find them to be warm and comfy in all but the most cold weather, then I would go for Sealskinz.
I found Sealskinz a bit sweaty unless it was Baltic cold :cold:

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
It's more the wind here that's the problem rather than outright temperature - am out in the fens and there's nothing to stop it when it's blowing through.

I tried on loads of different kinds of gloves in Cycle Surgery last week including Sealskinz but the fit on a lot of them was awful. :cry: That narrows down the choice to almost nothing. Actually, while I was trying stuff on, I found ladies gloves don't really fit my small hands very well - fingers too long if the cuff / palm is spot on, or cuff too narrow if the fingers are ok. The Alturas were one of the few that actually fit.

Sounds like they will do me then. :okay: Can always get a thin pair of liners from the camping shop in town for when it gets *really* cold.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I'm wearing sealskinz mittens out on the fens (my bike controls are simple). Mostly too hot rather than too cold, but I wear a thin second pair inside when it's really cold. My wife seems happy with sealskinz gloves in the wet, but often uses aldi lobster gloves too and I'm not sure which are favourite.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yep red

OP
OP
Reynard

Reynard

Guru
Gloves arrived this morning, off to test them out in a bit. Got the red ones as the black ones weren't in stock and warm hands trumps sartorial elegance any day :laugh:

Top Bottom