Aluminium bottle w/ cage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,

I realise this is going to be a contender for dullest thread of 2015 come the end of year awards, but can anyone recommend a good aluminium bottle with cage please? I'm sick of the manky taste from my old plastic one and would much prefer aluminium for both hygiene and aesthetics. I recall a friend had one some years back but his rattled like mad over bumps. Surely there's one on the market that doesn't rattle and is easy to drink from on the move?

Cheers.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I wouldn't recommend them. Not easy to drink from because they are not flexible - you can't squeeze them. Plastic ones are cheap enough, and easy to keep clean, if yours is manky throw it out (recycle it :thumbsup:) and buy another one, or two.

pawl

Legendary Member
I wouldn't recommend them. Not easy to drink from because they are not flexible - you can't squeeze them. Plastic ones are cheap enough, and easy to keep clean, if yours is manky throw it out (recycle it :thumbsup:) and buy another one, or two.
I put one of those tablets that are used for sterilizing baby's bottles. Keeps the bottles fresh. Just remember to flush befor using,the bottle that is not the loo.

John_S

Über Member
Hi EasyPeez,

This will be very much a personal choice because they'll be loads of people that are more than happy with the plastic bottles that they have.

However I prefer using an aluminium bottle and have no problem drinking from it whilst on the go but you just need to make sure that you get a bottle with the right type of top that will suit you for drinking from whilst you're riding. For me I also think that in the summer your drink doesn't get heated up as can happen in the sun with a plastic bottle.

Regarding a bottle cage my current one is metal although it's an odd shape and has some edges with have scratched some of the paint finish off my bottle which is why I'm not going to recommend it. I just thought that I'd mention it though because it's worth considering the material that the bottle cage is made of when combining with a aluminimum bottle. I'm not saying that there aren't metal cages out there that will suit an aluminium bottle but just that it's worth thinking of the design to think whether it'll scratch your bottle or not.

Sorry that I've not got a cage to recommend but I'll look back at this post to see if there are any recommendations.

Good luck finding one.

John

jay clock

Massive member
Agreed that the way to go is Camelbak. Their Podiums are fantastic and taste free

John the Canuck

..a long way from somewhere called Home..

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Buy some milton and go plastic. Ali bottles rattle like bandits, scuff up worse than Clarks slip ons, and when they fall out of the cage at speeds in excess of 40mph do not retain their original shape after contact with the road surface and/or a Ford Asbo.

jack smith

Veteran
Wouldnt want to run over an alu bottle either in a group ride.. My elite ones have a blow off feature, as we found out when i squeezed it too hard when it was closed in a computer room... Went allover the ceiling and mac's

Top Bottom